How do you drink your beer?

" IF" you drink beer what do you usually drink it out of?

I have a pint glass tankard(pub issue) sand blasted "Pint GR"

I've Got a picture of Alan Silitoe drinkig out of a similar glass in the "Eight Bells"

Whicn makes it over 60 years old.(I'm sure the beer tastes coming out of it)

I don't like beer out of a pewter tankard.

I grab a clean glass out of the cupboard. I never drink out of a bottle. I remember dogs cocking their legs over crates of ale while the drayman unloaded and left them on the pavement ready to slide them down the cellar.

I understand that beer bottles in Ireland, any bottle actually, has the advice 'Open Other End' stamped across the bottom of the bottle????????????

Grip glass in left hand, raise said hand swiftly and with passion. Then devour in a 'gentlemanly' manner.

Seriously, I can't stand metal tankards of any description, nor these earthenware steins.

I have no fears of drinking straight from a can or bottle as the alcohol will kill any nasties. Hopefully!

When young, I used to love those straight fluted jars we called Cowboy Glasses, as they were shown being used in Western films.

Nowadays, I can't stand those long, poncy, top heavy lager glasses . They're not very manly.

Has to be from a pint glass and I particularly like those with the name of the beer or the brewer printed on it. My favourite is a glass I obtained from a pub in Devon which has the name of the brewery in Bridport which is the same as my surname, so no one is any doubt whose drink it is.

• Upvote 1

Ever since letting a pint glass slip out of my hand in The Flying Horse about 65 years ago I have drunk from a 'handle' as I call them. Both of my locals pour my pint in a 'handle' without asking. My cider looks much nicer in a 'handle'. Got pewter and pot mugs but no joy in not seeing what you are drinking.

Never, never ever use the politicians girly sip, we've all seen then in a pub used by 'ordinary people', looks like they're being forced to drink poison

Almost always out of a glass - even though it is "normal" in most bars in America to serve beer in the bottle or can, I always ask for a glass, preferably one at room temperature! Originally I did this because of my "Englishness" but later realized that the act of pouring the beer into a glass eliminated some of the carbonation and warms the beer a little. This means you can actually taste the beer, an idea completely alien to the Bud Light crowd!

When in England I always drink draught beer, so the glass is automatic - however, I really prefer "handles" rather than "straights" but they seem to be increasingly rare in most pubs - I presume the cost is prohibitive?

The only exception I make to using a glass is when on a picnic, or a barbecue, where using a glass becomes more complicated - but I tend to open the bottle, or can, and let it sit for a few minutes to get rid of some of the gas. American beer in general is waaaay over carbonated!