Hello everyone. Former Bulwellian - (Sandhurst road, Springfield school, then Arnside road,Bestwood estate and High Pavement) now almost a Southerner near Brighton.

I have lots of names and memories of Bulwell characters and teachers of the 50s and early 60s, most of them positive.

Anyone ever come across 2 hard men in Bulwell - Tig Clay and Billy Garlick?

"Giz us yer marbles or arl belt ya!"

Ey up Kaarff and welcome to the Forum, you'll find that there are a few Bulwellians on here and some of `em even seem pretty ordinary, although their sense of humour is well developed!!

You'll find lots of good stuff on here and some nice folk, so get browsing and posting.

• 1 year later...

I see Kaarrff was suitably impressed with the site. What a total waste of time, effort and energy!

• Upvote 1

He's one of literally hundreds of time wasters. It's no use folk rattling on about 5,000+ members, 3,000 of the twerps have posted less than three times, and then several years ago. Even within the last year, many have enlisted, come on in a blaze of glory thinking they know everything and everyone and then hibernated.

Come on folks, keeeeeeeeeeeep posting!

Oh ! One hit wonders. Joe Dolce thank f.

Don't tek 'em long ter figgeraht we're all mad 'as 'atters....................frittens'emoff?? kickme

#21, you know the type, take, take, take. Me, me, me, cyber parasites!

• Upvote 2

I could gleefully go through the members list and eliminate 3/4 almost immediately.

• Upvote 1

Well if being on NS is cus am as mad as a 'atter I'm ok with that. :-)

I would never join a site unless I'm going to post on it. I lurk for a long time and if I don't see anything I would like to respond to I don't join. Lurked on an old geezers site a few years ago. The agro on there was so bad I never made any attempt to join. NS does a great job of keeping it civil. That's probably because most Nottinghamians are quite civil.

You can be sure of one thing. If you don't see me on here for a few weeks I've probably croaked. If I ever just left (God forbid) I'd let you know why.

I've left instructions and password etc. with others, so hopefully somebody would let you know when I'm at the rainbow bridge. Lol.

• Upvote 7