Meadows memories

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a memory I have of visiting my paternal grandparents down Wilford grove and later in the old house we had on Bathley street,there was always a pot of tea on the table with a wooly hat on,a tea

We certainly did, Rog. So much springs to mind. I have very few memories of my maternal grandad but what I have are from around there. We used to walk round the memorial gardens, I remember him once o

We lived on Bathley street near to Bunbury street,number 47 Bayford cottages (sounds nice dunnit) anyway when I were a kid of about 5-6 my uncle worked as a curator at Nottingham castle and as such wo

There's an article in the Derby Daily Telegraph of Mon 19 Dec 1921- Pinxton have been successful in securing the transfer of George Charlesworth from Sutton Town. Charlesworth was with Notts County last season.

Is that him? There may be more articles

Sorry ann,george is my grandad elizibeth is my grandmar(paternal),their son my father Roy Charlesworth was married to

Irene daisy Charlesworth nee Crofts,my mother and father,sorry just to clarify.

G Charlesworth transferred to Pinxton Dec 1921. "He was with Notts County last season and should strengthen the Pinxton defence"

Report of 19 Jan 1920. Notts County sent players to Skegness for training. (includes Charlesworth)

Report of 16 Dec 1920 Notts Reserves v Sheffield Utd Reserves. Final score 2-2. Includes the comments "Charlesworth gave away a corner" and "Naylor, rushing past Charlesworth, centred for Savage to equalise"

There could well be more football reports , but a lot to search!

Couldn't see anything on Roy for sure, although this might be him, if he went to Trent Bridge School - Report of 29 Mar 1939, relating to presentation of sports and swimming trophies to pupils of Trent Bridge Boys Central School

R Wheeldon, J Whitehead, K Green and R Charlesworth won the following trophies Bond Shield, Portland Swimming Cup (Hopkinson Cup) and the Morley Trophy

Also a couple of reports on local football teams including a R Charlesworth

• Upvote 3

All the above information ann is my family,additional info from my

brother when my dad swam up the trent he dived to the bottom and came

Up with a loaded revolver,someone reported it to the police and they took it off him,my fathers sporting interests were curtailed when he joined the royal artilary as a driver,I know he drove officers around

My dad won many medals that were kept in his home on ryland cresent

that took a direct hit from german bomb which left a crater 40 ft wide

the wardens who knew my grandad salvaged some damaged medals which

my older brother has however most were blown to smitherines.

I remember david natrass he lived near goegie Burbank I do believe he lived next to the roukes who run the corner shop, correct me if I,m wrong

• Upvote 2

Ann I am so grateful,if grandad was playing now even out of form,would be worth a few million,but would not give me the satisfaction I get from reading the things you are finding me as I said before priceless.

Training in exotic skegness,how times change.

• Upvote 1

I played round glapton road,used that road to get to the embankment,they were quite close to ryland cresemt and bunbury st where my father and grandfather lived ,perhaps they sang round the piano together in the cresent pub,who knows.

• 3 months later...

This was back in the 50s a very long time ago, we left school in 1961.......Tony was English with red hair...........

I can remember him and the red hair, he was in my class at the Nottingham Textile school 1958/61 and so was David Nattrass...............

• Upvote 1

I remember david natrass he lived near goegie Burbank I do believe he lived next to the roukes who run the corner shop, correct me if I,m wrong

I remember him from the Nottm Textile School, he was in my class - 1958/61, a lot of the girl's fancied him.........He also worked at the 99 Club at The West Bridgford Hotel in the late 60's on a Saturday night, I used to see him there..........

• Like 1