Phil Hughes RIP

A sad day for cricket. RIP Phil.

Never understood bouncers,inability to bowl at the wicket,however that is the game,my heart goes out to phil hughes ,but also the bowler even

though he was doing is job this accident will live with him forever.

Oh dear, poor lad. So even the protective helmets don't stop serious damage. Back in the early 70's I had a friend who was knocked unconscious after being hit by a ball while fielding in the slips during a County match. No helmet and hit on the temple at close range. He survived thankfully to continue playing. RIP Phil Hughes.

• Upvote 2

Even with helmets it can be dangerous . Look at the injury Chris Broad received last season, remarkably he wasn't seriously injured.

Tragic accident.

Unfortunately he will be remembered for this by future generations instead of for his cricketing excellence.

Hopefully some good will come out of it, either in better protection, with kit that batsmen actually like wearing or by bringing in a pitch line rule.

RIP mate

May you RIP Phil - so tragic and so near your birthday too..................Deepest Sympathy to the family..............

A dreadful tradgedy! RIP. Makes you think though. I know 99% of us were not exposed to such cricketing dangers, but how many of us wore helmets, and if it started at the level of 99% of us, when?

Such sad news. Taken at too young an age, so dreadful for his loved ones. My thoughts are with them all. RIP Phil