Some time ago the robin was voted as our national bird. (As in Britain). If anyone is interested a further search is being held to possibly replace the robin. The e-mail address, should you wish to have a vote, is: votenationalbird.com

It's interesting to wonder if the same bird would be chosen to represent England as it would be to represent Britain.

• Upvote 1

Well just been on the website and my vote would be for the robin still. He's a gregarious cheeky chappy who is seen all over the British Isles and in every garden I would imagine. And although all the other contenders are just as wonderful they are not necessary present in all areas, so yes I would choose the robin for both England and/or the British Isles.

• Upvote 4

Today we have had a pair of Jays in the garden , never ever seen one before in the flesh .

There are a pair of Jays who frequent Arnot Hill Park. I was amazed to get within ten yards of one of them the other day as they're usually such shy birds.

With luck, I may get some pics of them soon!

I have a feeling there are more Jays about nowadays because we've had one in our garden a few times recently. Used to see a lot when we lived in a rural area but never, until recently, seen one in our suburban garden.

I've seen Jays on the old railway embankment on Hucknall Rd just up from the City Hospital.

Well, I saw an 04 on this embankment, and an Austerity. So there eeeeeeeeeerrrr.

Too late for a J6 though.

• Upvote 1

We are daft bu66ers...... LOL

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid I can't agree about pigeons.

Dirty, stinking, disease ridden nuisance birds which make messes that cost many thousands of pounds to clean up.

Someone should go into slab square early one Sunday morning when there's no one around and set some basket traps, catch as many as possible then take them away and neck them!

(Not homing pigeons of course!)

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid I can't agree about pigeons.

Dirty, stinking, disease ridden nuisance birds which make messes that cost many thousands of pounds to clean up.

Someone should go into slab square early one Sunday morning when there's no one around and set some basket traps, catch as many as possible then take them away and neck them!

(Not homing pigeons of course!)

Rats with wings!

• Upvote 2