First day of Spring

I shot my brother in the leg  once in the fields at the back of our house with an air rifle when my other brother stupidly gave it to me (for a try ?) Fortunately the pellet only skimmed the skin. We never revealed the misdemeanour to my mother until she was at least in her 70’s.  Memories eh…..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The poor bumble bee I was talking about was on my path in cold weather, it was struggling to move because he had no or very little energy after emerging from it's hole in the ground where it had proba

I found a bumble bee on my garden path when I came home from a bike ride on Monday, poor thing hardly moving so I went in the house and put a drop of honey on a tea spoon, went to where the bee was an

A few days ago, a friend of mine noticed two birds fighting in the gutter near to his house. As he got closer, he realised that one of them was a sparrowhawk, attacking a smaller bird. He watched as t

You shot your brother eh! Maybe we should change your Avatar name to...Ma Baker.  :Shock:

• Like 1

Beekay you have intrigued me with the truly fascinating story of Ma Barker (changed to Ma Baker for the Boney M song) Wikipedia describes her as a ruthless crime matriarch (that’s me !) I am the matriarch now of our McDonald family since my parents and brothers departed this life. Thankfully that is the only similarity apart from me shooting my brother that I have with Ma Baker (Barker) I must read up more on her story tomorrow. Bedtime calls. 

On 3/25/2024 at 6:22 PM, trogg said:

Can anyone help me , my fruit trees have started budding but the problem is that pigeons have been feasting on these. I have never noticed this before, is it normal as they seem to be at it all day or is it me not paying attention for years.                                                                         

DSCF2380.jpg

Say no more

Rog

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, plantfit said:

Say no more

That's a rather sophisticated air rifle plantfit/trogg.

Sure beats the hell out of my old .22 BSA with V notch sights.  I used Webley pellets they came in a cardboard box and I bought them from the local garage, 500 in a box. Same place as I bought my quarter inch square gatta elastic back in the day.

• Like 2

Many years  ago we were overrun with Magpies that ganged up on our ‘pet’ Guinea fowl, stealing any eggs that had been laid around the garden.  
We borrowed a Larson Trap from a farmer friend and got the local population of Magpies down 

• Like 1

I can always tell when it’s pigeon laying egg time. My little cat brings me eggs, sometimes completely whole so she knows where the nests are. Makes a change from mice I guess. 

10 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Is that legal LizzieM?

I think it was ok back then, in the 1990s, nobody told us otherwise and no one would have known as our neighbours were quite a distance away ;) 

• Like 1