Cliff Ton

First day of Spring

We've had masses of daisies flowering on the verge down our lane all winter but I gather that's not unusual in milder weather.

I reckon that we should drop leap year and get the seasons back as they should be. Mr clever clogs who invented 'leap year' might have been wrong. If you think about it, over a period of 120years, we could technically moved a month out of sync with the seasons!!

Likewise, Beekay. Blackbirds going all out, building nests. Do they know something we don't or are we in for a nasty shock?

Daff's are pretty hardy, they usually sprout around early to mid February here and flower end of Feb into March, springs just about five weeks off.

We had daffs about 3 inches out of the ground before Christmas day. Not boasting like.:rolleyes:

Same here BK.  We're not as far south as you but weather here is often milder than in Notts

That's something we've noticed Margie, since being down here, even in the depths of winter we always seem to be a couple of degrees or so, higher than the Midlands.

@philmayfield  I said is OFTEN milder - not always!    Our daffs are well up anyway.