Married 1969: Lasted 13yrs

Married 1983: Lasted 6yrs

Moved in with partner, not married: Lasted 23yrs and counting!

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met my good lady in 1963, she was 13 going on 14, I was 15 just. We went out for a while then I moved with mates doing exciting things like hitching round Europe and other silly things. I often met my

Here goes! All my secrets for the World to see. We met in August 1964. I was 16, Chris 18. A Holiday Romance at 'Good Old Skeggy'. We courted for 2.5 years and had a 'Shot Gun Wedding' at Gedling Chu

When I got married at twenty, an old bag of a neighbour told my mam she'd give us about six months. Me and the missus have just recently celebrated forty happy years together. I'm sure there are

Check this out, we got married in 1958 both of us seventeen my old man wouldn't sign the form from the registra to gey married

so I signed his name, right or wrong we are still together after 56 years happy as owt' are we legally married? we both met at Mablethorpe lincs.

• Upvote 6

Talking about are we legally married! Not sure if I am either?

My family surname is 'Double Barrelled! (Don't Ask) lol. Dad always hated his surname and through out their lives him and his dad both dropped the first part of the surname to just a letter. Anyway when he registered my sister and me he just used the last part of the surname.

We grew up using the double barrelled name, not putting any importance on it! So I got married under that name.

It was only when I was filling in a police check form for a Position in a Hospice, that we realised the importance of it. I had to go (Quite Rightly) by the surname on my Birth Certificate. That is when I thought about my Wedding. oooh dear. Am I legally married. :huh: Hope So!

• Upvote 1

Carni, I think the legality of your marriage is probably the least of your problems! I don't know how you'll get on if you ever need to buy a house, get a new library ticket, blow your nose or any of the other thousand and one things for which you now have to jump through the flaming hoops of identity checks first. I guess you could even be deported when they find out .............. back to Gedling !

• Upvote 1

First time met in 1963 at a Monday night dance at the YMCA on Shakespeare street. I was 18 she was 17. Married Sept 11 1965, 20 and 19. We'd still be married if she hadn't gorn and died on me in 1999. Anyway we had 33 great years, she was a true lady. Had to be to purrup wi me!

Second time December 2001. That will be 13 years this December. I'd better not forget like I did at the 10 year mark. :-(. Another fine lady. Both of us widowed, met online. (Long story). Not sure how long this will last. The way this old dog feels some days might not be long. (Being so cheerful keeps me goin'!). :-)

• Upvote 6

I was born a day earlier than my birth cert states so every document that I have signed is illegal. And another thing.... it cost 15 bob for a dog license but only 7/6- for a marriage license...............

• Upvote 2

That says it all PP !!!!!!!

Blimey, I could have had 50 wives by now (my own of course) LOl

• Upvote 2

I THINK its SAD if anyones been married 30/40/50 years and consider it to have been an 'Endurance test' we pass this way but once!

• Upvote 2

It's an endurance test for both parties and consists of mutual tolerance much of the time. Anyone who says they've been married for the terms you mention and say they've never had a good row are liars.

• Upvote 3

Depends what you mean by "a good row." In the course of the years there have been some disagreements. Some of them pretty major. I do not recall what i would call a row though. I tend to think of a row as cussing and maybe nasty comments about the other party. Usually leads to more hard feelings and bitterness. Simplest response is "Yes ma-am". (Just kidding)

Re #44. We do NOT pass this way but once. One can be married several times and be happy, but things do go wrong.

One doesn't always choose the best partner first time, or the second.

Through life, yes, but marriage no!