#1, Joy James is a member of this site.

Love that photo on the EP, reminds me of when I was a young kid, I lived in one of the terraced houses off Turner Street that street to the left in the picture, remember the chippy on the corner of Moffat Street/Pym Street too.

Where was Pym Street in relation to Ford Street St. Mary? I know where Ford Street was in relation to Turner Street. Can never find a map when I want one.

My maternal gran lived on Corporation street, bottom of Sycamore road, I think anyone who has some history of relatives from there can relate to that story.

Remember tearing up newspapers and then threading them on string to hang behind the outside loo door on a nail.

The big black fireplace range that had two ovens and various hot plates where the kettle could be boiled, and the flat iron stand to warm the iron.

Gran scrubbing her front step on a Saturday morning before our walk down St Annes well road for a fresh crusty loaf and a pound of pork dripping for lunch. I can still taste it in my mind.

The good ole days.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...

anyone remember the electricity board building at the beginning of st anneswell road, I did some repairs to the roof many years ago.

remember Corbett & Davies, Plantaganet St., mother worked there net mending, they had a big fire one day, because mom was disabled they chucked her down a fabric shoot 3 floors, often told me dad best ride she ever had, sorry didn't mean to be naughty, but thats what she said,

that looks to be the one stan. thanks for that.

appears to be correct loppylugs I vagually remember looking from the roof into the bus station but minus the busses at that time.

good picture of central market and palais de dance stan.

Amazing what can be learned from this site! Where the Palais is I saw `Yes that is the old prison which stood where the Palais now stands. Floggings, hard labour, the lot went on in there.. Should think there were a few people `dancing' there before the Palais was built