Ian Mcglagen R.I.P.

RIP Mac. Read his life story last year.

I don't know whether drugs or drink were involved but he began drug taking at an early age.

Anyway, very sad. The Faces were one of my all time favourite live bands.

That's the way to go. Stuff the drugs and booze !

All my heroes seem to be going. At least they didn't die young. They fulfilled their lives.

Thank you Lizzie. Hey everybody, I'm still young. !!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • 11 months later...

Thank you Dave for this timely reminder,believe it or not I cried at his passing, governed by age,alas I never saw The Small Faces..or The Faces..but since finding an FRR Decca single of 'Sha LA LA LA LEE' in a cupboard I was truly converted.Mac,worked and wove that Hammond so well in between 'plonks' bass thuds and Steve's soulful voice,I also realise that another wingman of Rolling Stones has joined-Jimmy Miller, Billy Preston,Nicky Hopkins,Ian Stewart;to name but a few.I for one will give 'tin Soldier' a loud airing today- as Kenney's snare rim tapping sets the scene for some awesome keyboard work from a genius in the best British soul band that came out of the music boom of that era!..Keith Richards, I feel paid this band the ultimate compliment.. and The Human Riff should Know!!.."I love the Small Faces,very clever,you can't see the joins". Nuff said..I'm off to drink a fish under the table and had me a real good time!!

R.I.P Mac xx