Lost Pubs photos on Post website

Le Grande, another pub I frequented in the 70's. My mates worked at Hicking and Pentecost at Bobbersmill and ever Saturday lunch we would go to that pub to play cards, only problem apart from always losing I couldn't stand the beer.

I worked in the offices at Hicking Pentecost one summer and we used to go to the Nag's Head. One lunchtime, one of the managers left the pub ten minutes before the rest of us and later that afternoon couldn't be found. Eventually we found out that he'd walked out of the pub, got on the first bus that arrived and found himself in town with no idea who he was or why he was there. He checked the diary in his pocket and phoned the 'Home' number. His wife answered and took some convincing he wasn't joking that he had no idea who he was. One minute sat with us, the next, total amnesia. I have no idea if he ever went back to work there.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See links below http://www.nottinghampost.com/pictures/pictures/pictures-25136726-detail/pictures.html http://www.nottinghampost.com/pictures/lost-pubs-Nottingham-pictures-2/pictures-25140644-detail

You are quite right Ian, there is a cult of people who are over reactionary and over sensitive.I was watching a news programme on the T V this week and a pair of ladies black shoes appeared. The desig

So that's the problem solved. The photos are of two different Newcastle Arms, even though the Evening Post imply it's the same building. Typical of the NEP these days, printed in Birmingham and writt

I worked in the offices at Hicking Pentecost one summer and we used to go to the Nag's Head. One lunchtime, one of the managers left the pub ten minutes before the rest of us and later that afternoon couldn't be found. Eventually we found out that he'd walked out of the pub, got on the first bus that arrived and found himself in town with no idea who he was or why he was there. He checked the diary in his pocket and phoned the 'Home' number. His wife answered and took some convincing he wasn't joking that he had no idea who he was. One minute sat with us, the next, total amnesia. I have no idea if he ever went back to work there.

You have no idea, DJB .... OR have you FORGOTTEN ??? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I am compiling a list of Nottingham pubs that were open in 1950

330 so far & I'm up to the letter "T" looking at the directory I think there will be in excess of 360.

And hotels such as the Black Boy are listed separately.

#35 ?

I suggested Wellow..

Not Wellow Bubblewrap, I know that area fairly well and it's just a small village. The 1900 picture shows quite a concentration of housing on a hill, which suggests at least a town or within the city.

• 3 weeks later...

Cant find a picture anywhere of the Adjutant White pub where my Granddad used to go , I think it was near Marten Street in St Annes

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is thinking of going for a drink at the Masons Arms, Watnall Road, Hucknall; don't bother, there is just a space now where it used to be.

• 2 weeks later...