Hope she does well , though the telling time will be when the rent free period runs out !

Also , if it appears to be successful there will be plenty coming out with similar designs , can you copyright dialect phrases ?

P.s. Also fed up of the post website , in fact all the regional newspaper sites within the same group . When viewed on my tablet the bloomin page jumps all over the place , as numerous pop-ups try and load . The worst one is when you get an ad covering the whole screen and you can't see the delete button !

Somebody must have told them how bad their sites are and how it totally alienates readers ?

• Upvote 4

Also , if it appears to be successful there will be plenty coming out with similar designs , can you copyright dialect phrases ?

I did hear of an off-licence in Yorkshire who got fed up with tourists coming in and asking for string.

It was called T'Wine shop.

I'll get me coat. :blush:

• Upvote 3

I thought there was something wrong with my LapTop when I get the Nottm Post up. It is almost impossible to read with the adds jumping about all of the time. I am sure it has got worse lately. I do actually give up and come of it some times

• Upvote 1

Secret to no adds, Addblocker plus.

Never get any pop up adds now, I also use Ghostery which kills trackers that try to suit the adds to your internet browsing. You do not realise how invasive the net can be until you see a list of these trackers that try to load with the page you are looking at. Google is one of the worst trackers !

Both are free downloads and usually bug free.

Just checked out the Post site and no annoying PU's for me there was a blink where they tried to load then nothing. Just the news story.

• Upvote 5

Right on, banjo48......It's good isn't it when we can apparently read the Post better than those on the other side of the world........... slywink

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tip Banjo.

My son visits us on Wednesdays, so I will see if he can set it up for me.

I just realised he isn't coming this week because we will be in Nottingham. I will have to put up with it for another week. madashell

I called in to this shop on a visit into town the other day. Seemed very expensive to me for what is really cheap tacky stuff, an example is a small cushion with a bit of writing on it for £10 apiece !

Not much in the shop.

I'll give em 3 months.

I called in to this shop on a visit into town the other day. Seemed very expensive to me for what is really cheap tacky stuff, an example is a small cushion with a bit of writing on it for £10 apiece !

Not much in the shop.

I'll give em 3 months.

I went in on Wednesday and that was my impression too. Not enough stock and too expensive.