I worked with several hypocritical Muslims at Plessey's over the years.

They always abided by their rules until it came to Christmas fuddles, parties and shop floor do's.

Even though they hadn't contributed to the funding of the food and drink. They always had beer, vodka and whisky that was on offer. To say nothing of pork pies and sausage rolls etc.

It's probably not ale, but just flavouring. Twerp !

No class or taste like wot we gor Andy !

I read it that the Muslim clerics are saying, it's not a sin to eat pie containing ale if you're unaware of it. This in response to the Muslim lady raising the issue. Seems sense is prevailing. Although then presumably Asda's pies without ale aren't Halal?

The other issue is a wider one I suppose - that of clear listing of ingredients in the stuff we eat. Whether it be for religious reasons or intolerance of ingredients that can make people ill.

What a great world we live in isn't it? LOL

I remember taking my Grandad into a Vegatarian cafe on Parliament street,...........what would you like Grandad?

Sausage cob,he says

but its a vegatarian cafe Grandad,says i,

ooh bugger,i'll have a Bacon butty then,says he.

• Upvote 2

We don't need ingredients listed ! Steak & Ale Pie. That says it all.

Then 'Steak Pie' is all we need.

She must have had darn good taste buds that's all I can say.

Then 'Steak Pie' is all we need.

She must have had darn good taste buds that's all I can say.

Yes you must be right. I'm just having some nice minestrone soup. I'm glad its only got minestrones in it lol.

I have two distant relatives who are muslim, he smokes like a chimney so does she, also she could easily drink me under the table !

This thread wasn't to knock muslims, but as one poster mentioned, how do they know it is not halal meat ?

I would suspect this is "where there.s blame there/ a claim" job.

Bet she's waiting for an offer from ASDA.

In every religion there are those who are more fanatical than others, my wife describes herself as a devout catholic, and goes to church when ever she can, but she married me a nonbeliever, who was divorced and with her being younger than me, she uses contraception,

I knew a senior Mason who was Jewish, and really looked-forward to Lodge committee meetings as it was the only time he could sit back and enjoy a bacon sandwich, knowing that his wife (or his Rabbi) would never find out.

• Upvote 1