Tram Ride 1902 & Today

To see Players factory and hundreds of people in rows hand rolling cigarettes.

And you tell the youth of today that.. and they wont believe you!

• Upvote 1

In a hundred years time people will be saying "I'd love to go back for a day just to experience how it used to be" so just savour every minute and make th most of what you have

Rog

• Upvote 3

Yeah - go back just for a day. Don't forget the icy winters, the smog, no central heating, horse dung all over the place, much poverty and no equality for women. And no internet

• Upvote 4

Yeah - go back just for a day. Don't forget the icy winters, the smog, no central heating, horse dung all over the place, much poverty and no equality for women. And no internet

Glad i never took you out 'back in the day' Sue,........all you did was complain....... :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Our Wetherspoons occupys the ground floor of a massive 3 storey building . They have just announced they are converting the upper floors into a 33 bed hotel . Upset the centuries-old hotel opposite !

Only trouble is there's no car park and parking in the streets is a nightmare but I expect they will sort something out .