Nottstalgia good food guide.

The Indian sounds good Sue. I always like a good curry.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busy making a batch of mincepies to take to Quiz Night at Harby (the one near Newark) tonight. Having new health issues now (ie diabetes) I decided to check out the calorific value of my homemade minc

Roebuck on St James Street isn't bad. Some of the customers can be a bit funny though.

With my wife being ill I will be doing the Christmas dinner this year. I'm not experienced enough to cook a turkey so I'm going to make them beef wellingtons instead. I've never made any before (I did

With my wife being ill I will be doing the Christmas dinner this year. I'm not experienced enough to cook a turkey so I'm going to make them beef wellingtons instead. I've never made any before (I didn't even know how to use the oven until a few weeks ago) but I'll do my best.

• Upvote 4

When I was on Mr Softee's, I always had corned beef, chips and pickled onions. Lovely. !!!!

With my wife being ill I will be doing the Christmas dinner this year. I'm not experienced enough to cook a turkey so I'm going to make them beef wellingtons instead. I've never made any before (I didn't even know how to use the oven until a few weeks ago) but I'll do my best.

Be a bit rubbery won't they?

• Upvote 1

Carni #5

Hi Carni didn't know yer did dancing, good on yer. me and Missus do sequence. Living in a village nr skeg it's the only bit of enjoyment really.

nice to meet people. if there was a third world war they'd never bleddy find yer here. keeeeeep dancing.

• Upvote 1

A few years ago, the wife and I decided to take our children and their spouses to a restaurant in the Yarra Valley for Christmas lunch as part of their gifts from us.

It then became a tradition and this will be the 12th Christmas in succession that we have all attended the restaurant, in the same bay window table overlooking the gardens and the staff like old friends. A five course meal with tempters in between, a fine cellar and good company...........Great.

The women are spared the cooking rituals and we men folk do not have washing up duties....win win all round.

The attached link does not do the place justice and the restaurant, Eleanore's Restaurant, is in the restored Chateau Yering homestead.

http://www.chateauyering.com.au/

Just 3 more days and we will be there.............

Merry Christmas to you all hellothere hellothere hellothere hellothere hellothere hellothere hellothere

• Upvote 1

Tim House... best food ever.

Cheers for that one Melissa think I've only used one Chinese take-away in the last 30 years Happy House on Alfreton road which I pass about 8 Chinkys on the way including Tim House, after my traditional Christmas eve visit to The Pheasant on Prospect Street we called in on the way home. Well nice!

• Upvote 1

#34. The Mill café has gone right down in my opinion.

First visited some 52 years ago when working on EMGAS the sausage meat sandwich was to die for. Two thick doorsteps and sausage meat that thick you had to have the knack to eat it or it went down your front. Last went some 10 years ago having raved about it to my mate, the sausage was all spice not edible and my mate through his bacon cob away, more white fat than bacon.

Of course it may well have changed again now.

While I was in Nottm three years ago, I had to go to "The Mill" just once more, first thing I noticed then was the parking police have now double lined the road outside, apart from one bit, so now clientele would struggle to find where to stop.

Had the Saus and egg sandwich, still the same, tea was similar, stewed but palatable, old photos around the walls was interesting of when the current owners grandparents started it all.

Like everything else time has changed it, remember from my Post Office engineering days in the 70's, when 4 or 5 PO eng vans would be there at 9-00am having our morning brekky before driving on to Derby or Ripley, Matlock, Bakewell or wherever we were supposed to be for the days work ahead, good times indeed.

On one cold morning we were all sitting there eating our sandwiches and drinking our mugs of tea and in walked our boss ! One of the brighter apprentices jumped up and said "hey up Gordon do you want a tea and a bacon sandwich" Gordon the boss just looked at us all and said "well I'd better had then" "are you buying"

We all had a laugh but then moved our morning brekky to the Spondon cafe a for a while, just in case !

• Upvote 4