Nottstalgia good food guide.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busy making a batch of mincepies to take to Quiz Night at Harby (the one near Newark) tonight. Having new health issues now (ie diabetes) I decided to check out the calorific value of my homemade minc

Roebuck on St James Street isn't bad. Some of the customers can be a bit funny though.

With my wife being ill I will be doing the Christmas dinner this year. I'm not experienced enough to cook a turkey so I'm going to make them beef wellingtons instead. I've never made any before (I did

Kebabs.....the only kebabs I've ever eaten was at Eddy's ( Erding Tamay) on can't remember which road but more or less opposite the Elite cinema. We used to go every monday lunch time for a doner kebab ( or two on occasions )

Eddy is turkish and made the best kebabs. They were made fresh every day, nothing prepacked. He worked as chef with my husband at the restaurant at Holme Pierrepont years ago. He went on to open his turkish restaurant afterwards.

Have tried a kebab here at a take away pizza place. I almost threw it back at him. Instead of the lovely slices being shaved from the mass he broke it all into bits. As dry and shrivelled as bread crumbs. Needless to say we didnt eat them. Will stick to take away pizzas.......even they aren't as good as when you go to a pizzeria, better still if you make them at home at least you know what goes in.

• Like 2

Catfan you drink the beer after or with the pizza, That way the pizza wont give you indigestion. With all the yeast both in the pizza and beer it takes me all my time to drink 1/2 pint. 

Radfordred you cant put tomato and mozzarella on allbran.....course you can but it wont slice easily:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

RR me too . Just ordinary normal sizes. I detest burgers and hot dogs. Good thing we are all not alike.

Lunch today was penne with peas and wild fennel with a splash of tomato puree. Filling and different.

I've heard that the spicy meatballs are good, but whenever I've been, I've always enjoyed the fish & chips believe it or not.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Lizzie but cant open neither link or little blue box. Many photos I would like to see but all are closed.

" Postimage"?????

I used Postimage Nonna and the photo is still there on my iPad.  It’s just a Trattoria Conti advert which has probably been posted on here before. 

• Upvote 1

Pic has appeared Lizzie thanks. We still hear from Conti occasionally.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Had lunch today at The Lord Nelson Pub & Kitchen in Burton Joyce.  Five of us celebrating the birthday of a friend’s 88 year old mother.   The food was splendid, couldn’t fault it.  We sat outside under clear blue skies, the staff were great, very helpful and attentive.   Never went inside so can’t comment on the interior of the pub but this place is in the same group at The Wollaton and also the Larwood & Voce, I think they’ve got it right.  

• Like 2

I didn’t realise that RR, well they’ve done really well with that business too.  Best fish n chips in Nottingham, happy to have one local to us :jumping:

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

For my birthday bash a week ago, a group of us went to The Viceroy on Hucknall Rd. I've passed the place frequently, and thought it looked characterless and uninviting. How wrong I was. We we're immediately made welcome and it was very well decorated. 

The food was exceptional, the service exemplary and reasonably priced. I think it's the first time that all six of us were totally in agreement. 

Definately a further visit required !:hungr:

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...
On 3 September 2018 at 5:19 PM, FLY2 said:

For my birthday bash a week ago, a group of us went to The Viceroy on Hucknall Rd. I've passed the place frequently, and thought it looked characterless and uninviting. How wrong I was. We we're immediately made welcome and it was very well decorated. 

The food was exceptional, the service exemplary and reasonably priced. I think it's the first time that all six of us were totally in agreement. 

Definately a further visit required !:hungr:

Went to the Viceroy last night, meal was average and service poor. The waiters forgot items a few times. 

• 1 year later...

Last night we went to Fletchers at the new college, its only open several days a week during term time. We had the 5 course taster menu for £20, the menu changes every week, I would highly recommend  it.