• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the front entrance says INTU, does the side exit say OUTOF?

An interesting article in the Nottingham Post today shows photos of the Victoria Centre construction. http://www.nottinghampost.com/pictures/Nottingham-s-Victoria-Centre-years-pictures/pictures-25712

In related news lets hope the latest plans for Broadmarsh Shopping Center go ahead

Dewhursts butchers were upstairs.. Don Millers bakery was near Habitat. There was a big varnished wooden frog, a yellow catapilla kids could crawl through, was'nt there a big wooden moth? I remember buying Lord Toffingham suckers in Vic centre.

Architects !!!!! I wouldn't trust em to design a match box.

Yes, and before anyone moans....... I'm only joking. I haven't upset anyone for a few weeks. This is the new me. LOL

• Upvote 2

@26 This is the sort of crap that gets built on an industrial estate when the developers dont have much money. Fortunately the city council said that the Vic Center owners must finish the Vic before going down to Broadmarsh to rebuild, now here is all the warning we need to stop the fools doing anymore whatsoever in Nottingham, we may end up being renamed Bland City.

• Upvote 1

What always annoys me is I need planning permission if I want to change the type of roof tiles on my house yet you get developments like this and 'that' dreadful car park near the station get pushed through seemingly with no consultation.

I do like the interior of the Vic Centre though.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of the extended parts of Vic Centre will be opening soon. Inside on the upper floor is this opening which used to be a brick wall. According to the signs it leads into a new area of eating places.

vic3_1.jpg

And the new eating areas are in the space which used to be the old Army Recruitment Offices.

vic1_1.jpg

And on the other side of the entrance, the ex-nightclub and Vision Express are also becoming eating places.

vic2_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Its the filthy exit / entrance next to Boots on the upper floor leading to Clinton St that desperately needs refurbishment. It's totally disgusting.

Whole place is disgusting.....shame , there are some good retailers in the centre but I always go straight into the stores from outside.........without going into the centre...broadmarsh will be no different when it's refurbished, same old retailers, food outlets and high priced car parking with an exotic plant or sculpture thrown in to make it current...

My bus stops outside H of F, so that's where I do most of my shopping. Not the cheapest, but the staff are polite, and to food is good.

• Upvote 1

Plenty of places to eat then, couldn't they think of anything more original. I agree with FLY2 that exit is disgusting

I used it a couple of months ago never again.

That's the one Lizzie. I dread using that way. The floor at road level hasn't been swilled in years. Sick, pooh, food remnants, dirty tissues, urine, needles, old blankets and what ever else I dread to think. I always close my mouth (yes, that's a rarity in itself) when I pass by.