If you buy anything of size it’s a long way to lug it back to the carpark for which you’re charged an extortionate fee. You can see why the out of town ‘sheds’ are popular with their free parking. For me Amazon or collection of John Lewis stuff from Waitrose is the first choice. I still use Currys and Homebase in Newark or Daybrook but I’ve not been in central Nottingham for years.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the front entrance says INTU, does the side exit say OUTOF?

An interesting article in the Nottingham Post today shows photos of the Victoria Centre construction. http://www.nottinghampost.com/pictures/Nottingham-s-Victoria-Centre-years-pictures/pictures-25712

In related news lets hope the latest plans for Broadmarsh Shopping Center go ahead

Is there still a Currys in Daybrook then? I seem to recall it being on the left of Mansfield road, just past Thackerys lane traffic lights.

I forgot Comet was there. I was thinking back to the days when it was on the other side of Mansfield Rd. That’s now 'Go Outdoors', camping supplies. I remember the Madford site in the '50's. Back then it was Daybrook Station where I used to catch the train to Basford North. The journey took about four minutes. It took longer to walk up to Mellish. Be Ro flour also had a factory on that site.

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I remember looking at a Sinclair C5 car they had in there. I wasn’t tempted though!

We have a friend who bought a C5 when they first came out, a short-lived fad.   He’s still got it but it’s in bits and crammed into a shed.