#20. I know 'Dave the shave' Marriott. Like me, a jazz and motorcycle enthusiast. I see him now and then.

Pianoman, think watching paint dry is more exciting ! Lol.

My SIL's are always trying to get me into golf, but I keep saying "maybe one day" but not for me just yet.

Wife's younger brother spends a small fortune on it, golf that is, he travels all over Asia just to play golf !

Golf is OK as a form of exercise and getting some fresh air. It really becomes stupid when taken seriously.

My local golf course is in beautiful Staffordshire countryside with the river Blythe running through it. It is a pleasure just to be there.

I fish in the river so no shortage of golf balls.

never played golf but have been to peverilperils staffordshire, Stafford mainly, love the place plus wife loves it too shes happy im happy whoopee everyones happy

• Upvote 1

Kath - in that case I've taken plenty of practice swings!

Don't mind tennis, do enjoy watching snooker though. One that I can't stand is cricket! Possibly because I have no idea what the rules are!

Melissa,that could be a 'silly backward point' or even a ' backward short leg' but thanks for ' declaring' :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't life be boring if we all had to like the same things. I always say that if you're enjoying something then it doesn't matter what other people think.

I try to go out of my way to find things to like which no-one else has ever heard about or understands. Cultivating the image of weirdo.

• Upvote 3

The ist wife said she'd divorce me if i carried on playing Cricket at weekends,.....................the following Sunday i made a 'Majestic' 50.

Dad has recently got into golf and I often accompany him as his caddy and score taker, I've had a few swings but I'm absolutely dreadful and 90% of the time miss the ball!

Have yer tried standing behind the ball? I'm not aving a go at yer luv just feelin a bit sharp to-day lol

I built a 5 hole par 3 golf course and named it Kerput International GC. It became international when my mate visited from Wales. Only 2 greens remain due to complaints about trees growing in the other 3. We had a few fun tournaments and there were special rules. Handicaps were given out following aperatifs. Ladies got 2 shots per drink. Men 1 shot. So after 3 drinks a lady had a handicap of 6 and so on. Of course some contestants really worked hard at getting a big handicap, resulting in a 3 ball rule having to be made. Once 3 balls were lost then back to the pro shop (shed with wheelbarrow full of rusty clubs).

The last time the course was used was after my cider tasting open day. We also had a regatta with toy boats on the pond. Unfortunately some contestants got one events mixed up with the other.

• Upvote 1