Anybody used the Brit, Boat and Union & other clubs?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember my first visit to the Brit. It was summer 1967, I was just 17yrs old.  After a couple of pints with my mates at the TBI .....owooch ....2/6d ! for a pint of Double Diamond (usually 1/10d at

I've looked back at the posts that mention you by name Ian and can see no reason for you to request the removal of any of the posts. There are three instances I can see, Lizzie one and Margie two

You have every right not to be interested, Ian, but it's a shame.   I think it's good to listen to other people's opinions and, in so doing, sometimes learn something about ourselves.      I

I went regularly in the late 60's early 70's - met lots of groups there who later became famous.....................

• 1 month later...

I went a lot in the 1960's......Had some great times there.............

• 3 years later...

The Union see King Kurt ....... Looking at the above wonder what happened too Bondie Robbie Mick2Mick BeestonMick Cliff ton Riddo Trevor Susiet BlueWebbo ......................... Must be down to a dozen Nottstalgens & 2 word game players now? 

• Like 4

Perhaps they're not interested in busses and filling stations !

• Like 1

Nothing of an ursine nature here Ian. Just an observation of the forum, and peoples reactions to various topics and posts. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

There's normally something for everyone's tastes on here CF, but site domination and saturation on just a couple of topics just turns people off. As I said, this is an observation, not my own personal views. I just ignore topics that I've no interest in. 

Just think of long term regulars that nowadays are infrequent visitors.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Buses are OK, and I can see the attraction of the word games, although I don't do them anymore.... it's the sheer volume of posts that gets me!   Why can't people just post ONE  photo or ONE music video and then wait for responses for a day before posting any more?  Every time I log on there's just TOO MUCH to plough through and many times I just open a few, then click on 'mark site read'   It's a shame as it never used to be like this.  I suspect this is why so many people no longer post much.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

A good point re videos Margie, and their overuse. I always use my iPad nowadays, and on a topic such as 'What are you listening to', it struggles to cope, and just drops out. It used to be whereby people just posted what they were listening to, or provided a link, but the relentless and unnecessary use of videos in many topics just clogs the system up. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Phil, very occasionally, there is something relevant or interesting to me on those dominant posts so I don't really want to do that.  (I never bother opening the word games, though). The problem is, I have a life outside Nottstalgia, so the posts keep on  building up while I'm getting on with my 'real' life.. so when I log on there is just TOO much to get through.  Perhaps when I get to the stage of being housebound it'll be different?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

A good point re videos Margie, and their overuse. I always use my iPad nowadays, and on a topic such as 'What are you listening to', it struggles to cope, and just drops out. It used to be whereby people just posted what they were listening to, or provided a link, but the relentless and unnecessary use of videos in many topics just clogs the system up. 

That's not a forum problem FLY, it's them silly ipads, can't keep up with things, overpriced & can't do the job !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

There's normally something for everyone's tastes on here CF, but site domination and saturation on just a couple of topics just turns people off. As I said, this is an observation, not my own personal views. I just ignore topics that I've no interest in. 

Just think of long term regulars that nowadays are infrequent visitors.

The so called site dominators keep a lot of interest & issues alive on this site. Without those posters there would only be silly word games left.

• Like 2

We must, by now, have seen pictures of every bus NCT ever owned. It's OK but for me it's getting a little stale to see another bus at another bus stop, yawn... shown me something unusual or a picture that has a story behind it then fine, that would be interesting. the same goes for pictures of trains, railway bridges/tunnels, lorries..... 

I'm a huge fan of lorries but I've seen and driven virtually all of those pictured on here, been there, done that, now tell me something interesting about them.

The same goes for cars. I've owned literally dozens in my time and driven many more. At one time I changed cars almost as often as the wind changed direction but a picture of an old Ford Anglia holds little interest unless there's something to say about it or is relevant to another post.

Esoteric music videos that take up a lot of site acreage I simply skip over, some of them hardly fit my description of music at all and I know if I watch them it will be crash bang wallop played at a thousand decibels, no thanks.

Margie is right, scrolling through pages of videos is a pain in the butt. Why not post one and link to the others, if readers are interested they will go and look.

I don't want any of these banned. The point I'm trying to make is what interests some doesn't interest others so a little restraint would be good.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2