Alan Ladd in, 'Shane', often the film and story-line were copied by Clint Eastwood as an actor, director and producer in his films. Never bettered.

'Paul Newman in,  'Hombre' with (Michael Desilver)?,  as the Mexican bandit who stole a few scenes.

Burle Ives in, 'The Big Country', out-shone the male starring roles of Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston.

Yul Brynner in, 'The Magnificent Seven', with Steve McQueen, one of the greatest films that appears to have faded into obscurity.

John Wayne in, 'The Searchers', brilliant photography and storyline though some scenes did appeared a little silly and out of context but provided some light-heartedness. Still watchable after all the revisits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy who carried out some electrical work for me.........for legal reasons l cannot name him.

And her husband....Gene

Sure was Fly,, Painted the town red even,, Made the ladies smile,, And killed all the baddies,, Just wish i was 6 inches taller 2 years younger and had a Horse,,, lol,,

17 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Sure was Fly,,

Painted the town red even,,

Made the ladies smile,,

And killed all the baddies,,

Just wish i was 6 inches taller 2 years younger and had a Horse,,, lol,,

Come on, Ben!  What could you do with a Hoss in Bulwell?   :Shock:

Nott only that,  the ladies wouldn't like it.   Where are you gonna get enough hay?

• Like 1

My grandfather often said, "The ten o'clock horses will come and get you!" if I played up at bedtime and wanted to stay up longer. I had visions of a terrifying herd of jet black horses racing through the darkness to whisk me away. Not until years later did I learn what they actually were and realised that my grandfather would have heard them when he was a child. Perhaps he, too, was threatened with them if he refused to go to bed when asked.

• Like 1

Come on, own up, all those that can't listen to the William Tell overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

Jay Silverheels who played Tonto in the TV series was a Mohawk from an Indian reserve in Ontario Canada. Hence the Lone Ranger telling Him to "Get to Toronto, pronto Tonto"

After years of loyal service in an unaired episode The Lone Ranger shot Tonto with a silver bullet, apparently he found out that Kemosabe meant t**t in Mohawk

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Had crazy long dream last night,,dreamt i was throwing people over my Grandma's fence,,,wonder what the meaning was  ?

Mind you i did watch a cowboy film in the early hours with Gary Cooper fighting the baddies all through it,,,he made off with his girl at the end after killing everybody else,,,Julie London and a young Jack Lord also in it,,,

• Upvote 1

Correct Jill,,,,one of the fight scenes was the longest iv'e ever seen.......done brilliantly............

7 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Had crazy long dream last night,,dreamt i was throwing people over my Grandma's fence,,,wonder what the meaning was.

Glad yer didn't chuck yer grandma over it.  Yer grandad would have batted yer tab!  ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Just love a good Cowboy film.......don't seem to make em anymore...

Love to roll a 'fag' while riding me Horse.........

On 9/24/2019 at 10:35 PM, benjamin1945 said:

,Clint in High plains drifter .....Brilliant,, 

I'm not normally a fan of cowboy films at all, especially 'old school' cowboys, but High Plains Drifter is one of my all-time great films of any genre.

• Like 1

Another excellent film I saw on Y.T, was "Buffalo Girls", about the exploits of Martha Jane Canary, (Calamity Jane).)

Add another, "Lonesome Dove", with two of my favourite actors, Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones. (Shown on tv in episodes).

When we lived in N. Arizona we saw cowboys all the time. Ranches in the surrounding area had working cowboys on them. They would come into town, horse trailer in tow, complete with 2 or 3 saddled-up horses. The men would be dressed exactly how you see them in Westerns, complete with chaps and spurs. I did wonder if the horses in back were like having a spare wheel. If you broke down you rode your horse home!. Also during summer months there is a nightly shoot out in the middle of town.  A bunch of retirees put on a show, dressed as cowboys.  The tourists love it. 

• Like 1

What a Cowboy.........from 'Rowdy Yates' to ''Josie Wales''......wish i could 'Whistle''.........''Well do ya Punk'''

Riding Shotgun thru Hucknall.........

All this trouble just to get to ''Bulwell Market''

Maverick.......the best Cowboy series......love the words....hard to believe 'Roger Moore' drove up Andover road..Bestwood estate...

''Luck is the lady he loves best''