Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd. 20-12-14

The first half was a scrappy affair with both sides continually giving the ball away but just before half time Matty Fryatt scored to give Forest the lead. The second half saw Forest playing much better football with Fryatt scoring two goals that were ruled offside. I watched the game on TV and Sky Sports proved that Fryatt was onside on both occasions. Ex Forest player, Billy Sharp, equalised for Leeds from the penalty spot. Below is the Match Report.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-1-Leeds-United-1-match-report/story-25744959-detail/story.html

Conspiracy . Everyone's jealous of us they have been for years.

• Upvote 1

It was proved on Sky Sports that both goals should have stood. For the linesman to get one decision wrong you have to take but to get two decisions wrong which costs Forest two goals is suspicious. There's so many betting scandals that happen in sport nowadays it makes you wonder what was going off yesterday.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...

RR The Trent End looks much different to my last visit to the City Ground in 1975

Three memories that stand out of my attendance in the old East stand opposite the 18 yard line at the Trent End are as follows 

6th April 1967 Ian Storey Moore's hat trick against Everton in the 6th round of the FA Cup. I remember Labone clogging Zigger Zagger  and I still reckon that Greaves goal in the semi was a mis-hit. Ian Storey Moore is now 75?????

28 October 1967  Record crowd of just shy of 50,000 vs Manchester United 

24th August 1968 The fire in the main stand when playing Leeds from my vantage point in the East stand the fire did not look too serious and I was amazed when I saw the footage of the rear of the stand on the news later that evening.

Unfortunately I could not afford to go back to see the Reds during Cloughie's glory years.

Still reckon that team of 67-68 was the best and most complete team the Reds ever turned out.

Still hoping to get back for one last visit. If they get promotion  I will try like hell to do it in memory of a mate I used to go to all the games with who died late last year

• Upvote 1