I used to have a girlfriend called Sue who lived on Furlong Avenue in Arnold. She had two older brothers, Barry and Ken. Ken had a girlfriend called Janet Oldknow who lived on Nottingham Road opposite the park. The year would be about 1966. Ken and Janet would be roughly 18 and Barry 17ish. Sue and self were fifteen.

I can't for the life of me remember the surname of the family and wonder if anyone on here knows their name?

Now Compo,

I know your enquiry is a serious one but I can't help smiling when you say you can remember your old girlfriends brother's girlfriend's name but you can't remember your own family's surname. I'm pretty sure it's 'Simonite' and if it helps, I think your old girlfiend' surname will be the same as Janet's boyfriend's.

Despite my flippant shite I sincerely hope someone can come up with proper answers to your question Compo.

• Upvote 1

DavidW: YES! You have it. I couldn't remember it for the life of me. Did you know the family well? I remember Sue was a diabetic and she was the reason I stopped taking suger in my drinks and on my food.

DavidW: YES! You have it. I couldn't remember it for the life of me. Did you know the family well? I remember Sue was a diabetic and she was the reason I stopped taking suger in my drinks and on my food.

Compo, no don't know them at all .

Fortunately Oldknow is an unusual name and so looked at the marriage index for anyone with that surname and it appears she actually married Kenneth . (Would appear she was a Janis not Janet ).

So from that , fairly easy to find his birth and his likely siblings , some of which matched the names you gave .

• Upvote 1