Life in the Medders for a Teenager in the Sixties?

I posted to this Forum some months ago in response to a photo of a house on Meadow Lane which was of historical interest to me. From the responses and PMs I received to that post I have been able to build up a much better picture of my connection to that house - so firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one who took the time to respond, you have been most helpful and it is greatly appreciated.

The Forum is a rich source information for anyone wanting to find out about life in Nottingham or just wanting to take a trip down memory lane, the Administarors and Members are to be congratulated on providing such an excellent service for anyone who may be interested.

And this is the reason why I know I will get an overwhelming response to my next question;

What was life like for a teenager living in the Medders during the sixties (specifically between 1963 and 1968). What was the popular venue for dating? Cinema? Pub? Dance Hall? What were employment opportunities like?

Any memories would be welcome.

I myself, am from Yorkshire, in my 50s and have only recently discovered a connection to Nottingham and The Medders - I don't have any family members who can tell me about it so I am hoping I can get a flavour of what it was like through the memories of many others who experienced it.

Wishing you all a very merry christmas and looking forward to memories

• Upvote 5

Andy Bones I still have an Itom motorbike my mate bought from there in 1965 its done 2600 miles his sister Jan kept the cafe next door but one,it used to be more like a youth club ,good times

A tough no-nonsence area was the 60s Meadows. Plenty of employment & many genuine people lived & worked in the Meadows.

My brother served his engineering apprenticeship at the ROF factory down there, my first job at 15 was in the Meadows too.

• Upvote 3