Thought for the day

IF you have a sense of humour you will always find...............something to amuse you when the world has proved unkind.

Patience Strong.

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.

I'M average height and weight,in fact same as George Clooney. don't look down on shorter people or up to taller ones,i love nice people and detest assholes,i'm nice to everyone and get nasty with fol

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student. Teach him. He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep

Patience is a virtue,possess it if you can...............its seldom found in a woman............and never in a man.

• Upvote 2

Stop and lend a friendly hand

To heal the hurt and ease the strain,

Be the good Samaritan.

You will not pass this way again.

P.Strong.

• Upvote 2

I remember reading the quotes of Patience Strong in the 50's in either mums woman's mags, or dads Daily Express.

I thought then that she was a patronising do gooder !!!!

I still do, as I've got no patience !

If all else fails, then let madam do it. If it all goes t1ts up, then it's her fault. !!!

• Upvote 1

I remember reading the quotes of Patience Strong in the 50's in either mums woman's mags, or dads Daily Express.

I thought then that she was a patronising do gooder !!!!

I still do, as I've got no patience !

BR I BOUGHT her book in Exeter cathedral a few years ago and i love most (not all) of her quotes i love reading things like that,just makes you think a bit from the norm.I like quotes in general,got a book of Latin ones,might start using that.lol.

I like WC Fields types of quotes. A little cynical and different.

That's me done for then Michael. Only joking.

I'M average height and weight,in fact same as George Clooney. :) don't look down on shorter people or up to taller ones,i love nice people and detest assholes,i'm nice to everyone and get nasty with folk who don't afford me the same respect,i like taking the mick and more importantly like folk doing it back,to laugh at yourself is in my opinion a great virtue,.............just my thoughts.

• Upvote 6