Members are still having problems in trying to post images with their messages - you don't have to tell me how frustrating it is; took me ages to get the hang of it. As the saying goes, once you get the hang of it, it becomes easy. The following is how I put images in my postings. I have Windows 7; I assume that other programmes will be the same with regard to posting images. This is how to do it from scratch, step by step:

There are other ways of doing this but I think the one most members use is Photobucket. Perhaps members who use a different system might like to do what I am doing and give a step-by-step instruction. First of all you have to send your images to Photobucket for them to store (they are not stored on your computer). To do this:

1. Google or Explorer 'Photobucket'

2. Click on 'Sign up' and do just that and then go back and

3. Click on 'Log in'

4. Click on 'Upload'

5. Click on 'Choose photos and videos'

6. Reduce screen size and then in new page from Desktop

7. Click on 'Documents', or where you store your images

8. Click on the photo you want to load into Photobucket library. Photo will appear in Photobucket page (might have to wait a little bit)

You now have it permanently in the Photobucket library, but it will likely be too small, so:

9. Put cursor below blue boxes that say 'Prev' and Next' and five icons appear - click on centre one that says 'edit'.

10. Click on 'Resize'

11. Change number above to somewhere between 700 and 800.

12. Click 'Apply'

13. Click 'Save'

You are now ready to insert image into message

1. Call up Photobucket on internet

2. Click on 'Log in'

3. Click on 'Library' (will show your pics)

4. Click on the one you want to insert

5. On right-hand side click on 'IMG' at bottom of list - it will briefly turn yellow and say 'copied'

6. Now come out of Photobucket (click X in top right corner of screen)

7. Bring Nottstalgia thread on to screen and click 'Reply box'

8. Click on 'More Reply Options'

9. Click on 'Enable HTML?'

10. Click inside 'Reply box'

11. Click 'Post' in drop-down menu - image will not appear, just letters and numbers

12. Add caption above or below letters/numbers

13. Click 'Post' and image and caption will now appear in thread entries.

Yes, it looks complicated but suggest you print these instructions to help you do it. As to how you insert more than one image, if you need to, I do not know if there is an easy way of doing this. What I do is insert one image and then post. As long as you have not logged out of Nottstalgia you can keep posting more images into your message - remember; if you are adding new images to your library, you need to increase their size as instructed above.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Members are still having problems in trying to post images with their messages - you don't have to tell me how frustrating it is; took me ages to get the hang of it. As the saying goes, once you get t

Cheers Chulla, glad it's so easy. PS: What's Photobucket? I am still scratching my head as to how I put photos on the laptop!!

Yes thanks Chulla, one day soon when I can get my brain into gear I'll follow your instructions word for word and see how successful I can be. Don't hold your breath!

Commo. Photobucket is an image-storage facility (what they sometimes call a 'cloud') It stores the images you put into it and allows you to post them on such things as Notstalgia. To get on to it just Google 'Photobucket' and sign up and away you go as instructed above.

If by some chance you manage to crack it Lizzie , then you can do mine. LOL

Good instructions Chulla, actually I find i can skip a few steps. I just upload the photos I have saved to my computer as is and they seem to come up o-k. Maybe we should just start a photo experiment thread where folks can just give it a try.

I am unable to comprehend why it is so complicated compared to 'putting' photographs on other sites.

I have a number of photo's of TB school which I would like to put on but am completely deterred to do this. I'm sure others probably feel this way also.

Kind regards,

Tony

I have noticed that a picture I posted showing Nottstalgians at the November meet-up has disappeared, replaced with a notice saying 'Sorry, this person moved or deleted this image'. Oh no I didn't. Does anyone know why/how this happened? I have checked my Photobucket library and the image is still there.

I am unable to comprehend why it is so complicated compared to 'putting' photographs on other sites.

I have a number of photo's of TB school which I would like to put on but am completely deterred to do this. I'm sure others probably feel this way also.

Kind regards,

Tony

IMG from Bucket...or in my case Tinypics (Much easier) and paste onto here...no different from any other forum.

152z04m.jpg

Its been explained before.

We don't have room to store all the images on this site.

When we allowed it we received a a number of requests...

"why wont it allow me to upload a picture into my post"

"Perhaps the fact that it is 9mb has something to do with it"

Remote hosting sites usually resize file size of images automatically.

I have noticed that a picture I posted showing Nottstalgians at the November meet-up has disappeared, replaced with a notice saying 'Sorry, this person moved or deleted this image'. Oh no I didn't. Does anyone know why/how this happened? I have checked my Photobucket library and the image is still there.

That message means that you have moved the photo within Photobucket. If you do something like "tidy up" your Photobucket account, or decide to put things in different folders, PB gets confused and can't find the photo. The message means that the image is not exactly where it was when you first posted it.

CT, I see, or I think I do. I have not purposely moved any of the images in the library, BUT, I have deleted a couple that were duplicated during the placement process. It looks like in doing this, the other images beyond it shuffled themselves forward. That said you would have thought that the replacement image would have sent itself to the message. Hmmmm.

CT, I see, or I think I do. I have not purposely moved any of the images in the library, BUT, I have deleted a couple that were duplicated during the placement process.

If you deleted some which were duplicated, how do you know whether you deleted the one being used, or the spare? That's why you get the error message.

• Upvote 1

Oh god give me a brain

You can have mine

C T. Easy. The one I deleted was the one with the original small dimensions (height and width). This is how the image first appears after posting it on to Photobucket. I then open it and change the dimensions to 700 plus. When I save this, the original size stays in the library and the new size goes in here also. I then chose the larger image to post with my message. Because you cannot tell which of the two images is the larger when looking at the library pictures, I open the smaller one and delete it, leaving only the larger image in the library.

they say two heads are better than one.

And they are right........

I knew there was inbreeding in Strelly !!!!!