• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Members are still having problems in trying to post images with their messages - you don't have to tell me how frustrating it is; took me ages to get the hang of it. As the saying goes, once you get t

Cheers Chulla, glad it's so easy. PS: What's Photobucket? I am still scratching my head as to how I put photos on the laptop!!

Yes thanks Chulla, one day soon when I can get my brain into gear I'll follow your instructions word for word and see how successful I can be. Don't hold your breath!

I think one of the things most people don't understand is that when you are posting pictures here from Photobucket/Flickr, is that you are NOT posting a picture, but posting a link, ie the IMG code.

The piccie is then "embedded" here, you see the piccie, but its not on this site, much like Youtube videos.

Once most people grasp that, they usually find it easier to understand what's going on.

OK, lets say you have your Photobucket account opened, piccies uploaded, go to the "Library" where all your piccies are located.

Click on the "Thumbnail" of the piccie you want to view, it will then be an enlarged piccie, to the right you will see three codes, try each one in turn, ie move your mouse pointer over the top code, left click on it, and it will flash "copied"

Try to "paste" the code in the reply to a post you want to post the piccie in, RIGHT click and see what happens, probably nothing!!

Try the next code, which should be a direct link. Do the same thing. Nothing will probably happen.

Now try the bottom code, which from memory is the IMG code and carry out the same instructions.

Now to check if each has appeared as a picture in your post, YOU MUST hit the "Post" aka reply button, if it's not there, edit your post with the next code.

The reason I have told you to try all three, is for practice, if you see one doesn't work, and see the one that does work, you'll remember it.

When it comes to HTML, trial and error go a long way!!

I intend putting about 4 photos on the one post too, I'm wondering if that will be too complicated for a novice like me ........ to begin with, I don't know how to have Photobucket and Nottstalgia up on the screen at the same time. You probably think I'm dumb!!

To get two programmes on the screen together, do this. Go into Photobucket, click on Library, click on the image you want to use in your message, click on the IMG box. Now. look at the top right corner of the screen and you will see two superimposed squares next to the X in the red box. Click on this and the screen will shrink.

Then, go into Explorer - or whichever is your search engine - and click on Nottstalgia (or type it in if you do not have it saved as an address). When it comes on screen it will fill the screen. As before, click on the little square top right, and it will shrink like the Nottstalgia page. To insert more than one image into your message, just keep selecting your images from the Photobucket library, click on the IMG box, and then right click into the Reply Box in the Nottstalgia page. The page you are working on will overlap the other. Clicking on the other will bring it back to the main page.

As I said; the 'edit' tag will let you keep trying if it does not go according to plan.

I'll have to have tuition and get my image on here. That'll shock em all !!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

I have no trouble posting images from my Photobucket library when I an using my desktop PC. However, if I try same when using my Chrome laptop it does not work. When the image from Photobucket, or the music from YouTube is playing and I click the URL at the top of the screen, it turns blue, but that is all that happens. No drop-down menu with 'copy' on it. Right-clicking on the blue highlighted URL and then clicking in the Reply box results in nothing happening.

Am I doing something wrong, or does the copy/paste action not work with the Chromebook operating system?