SNOW! - Winter 2014-15

Just a few weeks back we had bitter weather, way below average for Fall, on snowfall was over 14 inches, it was over the top of my wellies.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've had two feet of snow tonight

Looks nice now mind....

#37 - that's why Audis are better than BMWs... or maybe I'm just bias!

Posted Images

Just been for a Boxing Day dinner in Piccolinos at Weekday Cross (Denshaw's favourite eatery). Really wet big snow flakes on the way there at about 6 PM but as we sat in there we saw the snow beginning to settle. Hardly anyone about in town, to be expected I suppose, and the journey home to Mapperley Park in a taxi was a little dodgy as the gritters haven't been out at all and there must be a couple of inches of snow on the ground. We're just not prepared for it in this country are we? Just hope it doesn't freeze tonight.

• Upvote 2

Hi Lizzie, Glad you have had a nice time and are home safe and sound. It looks to me as if the snow is pretty widespread from the posts that people are putting on! We had quite a heavy snow fall earlier. I just had a look and it is very wet out, so the snow hasn't settled. It is very cold here, so I expect more in the night. I must put mi wheaty for mi feety into the microwave for two minutes. I thought I heard rain on the window, but I just looked and it is snow again!

• Upvote 1

The clue is in post 5 Watson....

Well....Been to the shop...it's about 5 inches deep in old money. The good thing is still crunchie and safe to walk on.
I'm on the bus route here...but needless to say no sign of any gritters.Hard work clearing the car so I think I'll leave it ticking over and let the heater do the job.
331zu55.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Our outside Christmas tree looked lovely at 11 last night, covered in snow with twinkly lights, never took a photo though noblue

At least we nearly had a white Christmas, just one day late :jumping:

• Upvote 2

Dead chuffed with our teenage daughter! She was working in a pub restaurant last night, but when the custom dried-up, was sent home. Despite only passing her test a year ago, she had no problem negotiating the snowed-up hills from Mapperley to Arnold in her little Peugeot 206, apart from having to get past the abandoned cars, and the ones sliding around on the snow.

Just goes to show that if all cars were equipped with winter tyres, like hers, and listened to advice n how to drive on snow, we wouldn't have the travel chaos that embarrasses Britain every time we get more than half an inch of snow.

• Upvote 4

Front wheel drive cars are the best in snow. My deepest sympathy goes out to owners of rear wheel drive cars.

Alternatively, tune in to Ice Road Truckers. Brilliant !!!

• Upvote 2

It's no fun in a wagon and trailer coming down the A1 at Gonerby Island when you look in the wing mirror and see the trailer coming at you sideways. As you say though , all good fun.

• Upvote 1

# 37 ........ Basfordred, I accept your sympathy ........ I have a rear-wheel drive car and when the weather is like this I feel trapped in my home unless I want to walk everywhere.

• Upvote 1

I'll taxi you around for your groceries if you wish !!! £2 per mile !!!!!

I'll take it that even 10p was too much Lizzie !

• Upvote 1