• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've had two feet of snow tonight

Looks nice now mind....

#37 - that's why Audis are better than BMWs... or maybe I'm just bias!

Posted Images

This is my final offer Lizzie . I'll give you 2 quid and do your ruddy shopping for you.

My, you strike a hard bargain !!!!!

• Upvote 1

BRs taxi service is still available. But not for long.

The secret of snow driving is knowing when to crawl just touching the clutch.And when to go for it with high revs and aim for a snow free patch a few feet away. Reversing out of my sloping drive is achieved by the 'Go for it' method. Make sure nothing else on the road and then give it some honky until your rear wheels hit a track left by a passing bus.....Works for me. Mind you I still miss my Land Rover.

The ideal of course is clear the snow...unfortunately out of the question at my age with my old lungs.

wri24y.jpg

• Upvote 1

I had a Land Rover, but as with everything else, me ex got it. Good in snow, poor on ice, but It had FWH which were a Godsend.

I had a Suburu station wagon when I lived down under, great in snow, great in mud, good all around 4wd car.

My Suburu in 1984, not just a snow covered hwy, but unsealed too.

Neg32Easter1984R_zps5e2eabc0.png

I can think of a better way of exercising my rectal muscles thank you !!!!!

• Upvote 2

In Australia, yes Mick, they do in New Zealand too and Fiji, Japan, most of Africa too. There's still a lot of countries around the world who drive on the left. Seems the US did at one time too, why they standardized driving on the right I cannot find out.

All stage coaches were driven on the left side of the road, highly practical when you consider most folks are right handed, so you don't want your mate riding shotgun on your right...LOL.

If you look at early American cars, they were either right hand drive, so obviously driven on the left side of the road, or centre steering wheel, wonder if that was when news went out they were changing over?????

Seems old Henry may have been responsible for left hand drive cars with his mass produced model "T" car.

Lets see if Eric can shed some light on the subject.

Basfordred, try driving a tractor along a hill, makes the butt pucker up a bit at times!!

I used to work on a caravan site and drove an old Fordson with gang mowers behind. Awful. !

I use a rough cut mower in my fields, termed a "brush hog" and I get nervous along hill sides, up the steeper stretches I reverse up and drive down. My tractor doesn't have ROPS, so a roll over would be fatal.

it's white over in D H Lawrence Land

I live in D H Lawrence land too and my Avenue is white over............

• 1 month later...