Hi everyone,

My name is Paul Miller and I live in Ilkeston, which of course is in Derbyshire. I can hear the shouts of "tar and feather him". I was Nottinghamshire born, and lived in Awsworth till I was 12. That was 56 years ago.

My passion is , and always has been, Nottingham Victoria station, and I look forward to trawling through anything on this site about it.

hi Paul, remember walking through victoria station, over the metal bridge to huntington st. i was 15 then and worked at Johnsons precision engineers this would be about 1961-2, welcome to the site and Happy New Year, oh not far from you i live in Eastwood, tar bucket & feather pillow are ready

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Paul. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing your memories. If you like Victoria Station and the railways then there's plenty of pics and info to last you a lifetime. Being as it's the season of goodwill I think you'll be spared the tar and feathers...but it's best not to mention it again. :biggrin:

hi Paul, remember walking through victoria station, over the metal bridge to huntington st. i was 15 then and worked at Johnsons precision engineers this would be about 1961-2, welcome to the site and Happy New Year, oh not far from you i live in Eastwood, tar bucket & feather pillow are ready

Are you Terence Standen?:

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Paul......I look forward to sharing your memories.... hellothere

Incidentally, did you know a red haired gent by the name of Smith from Station Street, Awsworth back in those days.........think he might have joined the Police Force?

Welcome Paul and have fun. As a teenager of the 60s and a complete lifetime railway nutter, Victoria Station was our Mecca. In fact given that the GCR was like a religion to some of us, Victoria station was the cathedral.

My friend (also a member of this forum) used to spend a lot of time on Ilkeston Junction Station. Might be able to do it again after this year.