• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When l was very young l remember my gran would get the sudden urge to go on a coach trip, so off we would go from Bilborough by bus to Skills on Wollaton Road. And there she would study on where to go

Move over young 'un, let me show how it's done properly !    

Last weekend's trip to Eastbourne was a bit different, coach wise anyway. At the last moment our allocated coach was changed to a coach used by some ice hockey team, Nottm Panthers or something, it mu

True,. I think our US gallon is a bit smaller than imperial.  Canada went metric, sort of.  Gas by the litre.  Kms instead of miles. Kgms instead of pounds. Yet our conduit lengths in the electrical trade were still in feet.  It was a good excuse for a lot of sneaky price rises too.

Here, we are 16oz to the pint, so a gallon is 32oz less than imperial. I'm guessing when the Mayflower came over, someone broke the pint mug, knocking off the top inch or 2. 

• Upvote 2

Hubby and I have just been on a Skills coach trip to Emmerdale the village ,lovely clean comfy coach really friendly driver ,we had a smashing weekend .

• Upvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...

My friend & I went on a coach tour with Skills to Bath. Guess what,   from getting on the coach at mount street nottm to getting off the coach at mount street we were on the coach 10 hours!  The diver was arrogant very incopetant & very very rude.  He lost his way there only to be told by another passenger that he was going the wrong way! Dread to think where we would have ended up if it hadn't been for an observant passenger. On arriving in Bath we were dropped off at the side of a busy road we were told to be back at a certain time only for the coach not to be there. Eventually he arrived & off we go, only to get lost again. We road round Derbys football ground 3times & the railway station twice! By now it is 10 45pm. with a coach full of tired & irate passengers we finally get to our destination. NOTTINGHAM. Having complained to Skills & going into the office we are still awaiting explanation.  So good luck to you day trippers

Sounds a bit like..........'Fools and Horses' .........'Jolly boys outing'.. Dat47.........remember when the coach blew up?...........lol.

• Upvote 1

Picture for Catfan

I am awaiting the latest die cast Skills coach to come out for my collection and with a bit of luck a 1/76 scale Catfan for the drivers seat

Rog  thumbsup

IMG_0479_zpsfwzzf6kr.jpg

• Upvote 3

Plantfit #72 and notty ash#73 There are a number of free apps for your mobile phone that can generate 3D models from photos.

http://www.123dapp.com/catch and http://www.aniwaa.com/blog/five-best-free-3d-scanning-mobile-apps/

Al we really need is a 3D printer, a thousand quid should get a perfectly serviceable one, and then we can make the bus model too along with various passengers from Nottstalgia.

• Upvote 1