ideas for inventions practical or daft

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last week I went fishing with two pals. We had to walk over half a mile over rough ground with two of us carrying our fishing tackle in rucksacks and holdalls. The other pal had a fishing trolley to c

I have not eaten meat for over 40 years and for many years didn't eat fish either, although I now do. As I have 3 cats, I need to provide them with cat food and they cannot survive on a vegetarian die

A useful item, not possible to patent, is the man's selective hearing switch which blocks out unwanted conversation but allows the head to nod in agreement.

I wasn't going to disclose my idea but I know that I can trust you all to keep it to youselves. When you have a really bad cold and your nose is always running you use lots of hankies and boxes of tissues. My idea would be to fit a toilet roll holder to the top of your head and pull down the roll as and when required. Good idea, isn't it. :crazy: Below is my friend who is demonstrating my invention.

roll_zps326b148b.jpg

• Upvote 3

Invention to keep your socks up without using elastic: Sew a piece of string into the top of your socks, take string up your trousers through waistband into shirt, though hole in shoulder of shirt, attach to helium gas balloon floating just above your head. Repeat for other sock.. Well you did say practical or daft inventions, this one daft enough?

• Upvote 2

If you look at my avatar you will see one of my inventions. It's a rowing tricycle, complete with optics drinks dispenser, brolly and a crate for carrying beer. It was made from a Raleigh folding bike, various scraps and a fireside chair. Causes a few smiles when I row it on the local cycle track hellothere

• Upvote 3

Every morning I flick through the on screen TV box to see if there is anything worth recording on that day to watch another time.

There is also an option to go back to things you may have missed or want to watch again.

My invention would be a similar hand held device to allow you to go back and actually "see again" something you enjoyed.

This would appear to the user as "virtual reality" rather than on the screen (DVD & Video already do that).

This could be useful for instance if you wanted to see absent friends or go on a favourite holiday again.

The only thing I would want to build into it (to prevent misuse) would be that you could only view things as an outsider, rather than go back and changes events.

• Upvote 2