ideas for inventions practical or daft

Not sure if this has already been done. Watching a woman struggling to push a child in a pushchair up Arnold lane,I thought,why hasn't anyone made a pushchair with a motor?it could be turned off when not needed,it's been done for wheelchairs and mobility scooters,so why not?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last week I went fishing with two pals. We had to walk over half a mile over rough ground with two of us carrying our fishing tackle in rucksacks and holdalls. The other pal had a fishing trolley to c

I have not eaten meat for over 40 years and for many years didn't eat fish either, although I now do. As I have 3 cats, I need to provide them with cat food and they cannot survive on a vegetarian die

A useful item, not possible to patent, is the man's selective hearing switch which blocks out unwanted conversation but allows the head to nod in agreement.

Here's an idea for those who like their shoes well polished:

An automatic leg-operated shoe polisher. How it works: A levered bracket is affixed to the knee joint via straps and buckles and a polishing cloth is attached to the end of the lever. As you walk the lever causes the cloth to sweep over the shoe toe caps and keep them clean/ and shiny.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 year later...

As mentioned on various posts I don't like scrapping appliances when they are past repairing, I strip them down to see how they are made and save any useful bits. You win some nice fixings and springs and things for future projects. Washing machines are very productive. I have been using the drum for a patio fire place and bbq. Use one of the concrete stabilising weights as a base and place the drum spindle into one of the holes. The drum will rotate and can be turned to suit wind direction to give an even burn. Last week it became a filter for draining the pond, but I had to cut the spindle off. 

Our old fridge freezer is next on the list. It will be stripped out and become a fish smoker. The small freezer compartment is at the bottom and will serve nicely as the fire box.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 5 months later...

I have seen these Deliveroo push bike riders out & about delivering food around Nottingham it looks very popular, what about this? After your night out you turn up at your chosen restaurant or takeaway, order you food & your taxi is fitted with an hot box & takes you & your snap home! Could call it DeliverYou! 

The stainless steel washing machine drums are very good plant containers when dug into the garden, with just the rim left at the surface.

Have a word with Alton towers Katy, they have one when you get off the "Congo rapids" and I think, the "log plume" I'm sure they will put you in contact with the right people.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, radfordred said:

I have seen these Deliveroo push bike riders out & about delivering food around Nottingham it looks very popular, what about this? After your night out you turn up at your chosen restaurant or takeaway, order you food & your taxi is fitted with an hot box & takes you & your snap home! Could call it DeliverYou! 

My youngest son thought of that 20 years ago RR.   We lived in a village 2 or 3 miles out of town (down south). He would go drinking in town then go into a takeaway and order some food to be delivered, hang about and then cadge a free lift home with the delivery driver.  He saved a £5 taxi fare.

• Like 1
On 18/01/2018 at 5:30 PM, Waddo said:

The stainless steel washing machine drums are very good plant containers when dug into the garden, with just the rim left at the surface.

They make good fire pits too.

• 1 year later...

Last week I went fishing with two pals. We had to walk over half a mile over rough ground with two of us carrying our fishing tackle in rucksacks and holdalls. The other pal had a fishing trolley to cart his stuff but it was to his disadvantage - the trolley kept grounding and tipping over. The day after I built my own 'off road' trolley using scraps that were in stock. An old kids bike and a broken light sack trolley. Works a treat with bigger wheels and better ground clearance. Handle is removable for ease of carrying in the boot. Cost nowt.

• Like 6

There you go PP, all that practice building trolleys when you were a mere kid paid off. Any chance of a picture miduck. Hey PP, If it is that good, you had better get it patented pronto.:biggrin:

• Like 1

I frequently drive past Carr Mill Dam near St Helens and I'm contiually amazed by the amount of kit Anglers have these days.  As a young lad I went fishing with a cheap rod. A little tin of maggots and another tin with a few floats and hooks all in my ex army school bag.  That was it.  These days they all seem to have tents, loungers, half a dozen rods or poles,, (and maybe a perch if they catch one.. Boom Boom!!) Beds, loungers, seats, sleeping bags, lamps, catapults, etc., etc.  Very few turn up on their bikes.  They all turn up with a car and a boot full.  Be Artics next...  :laugh:

• Like 3

And all to kill, maim and generally torture a creature the does no harm or has any value to the angler...

• Upvote 2

Just never fancied angling at all. But, as I keep being told...... Each to their own !

I agree with you in part Brew. Angling is a divisive subject and we have to make our own minds up about it, just as we do with religion, politics, business ethics, personal and family issues etc. I put a great deal of effort into protecting the aquatic environment that provides so much to terrestrial wildlife. I just hope that the naysayers do as much or more. I just wonder how far the human race has moved from nature sometimes? I prefer to be part of it and to embrace, understand and to protect nature. It may seem a bit primitive to some, but once the 'hunter, gatherer protector' instincts have gone, we will be dead. We, who drive cars and eat meat are quite cruel and selfish when you think about it ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1