Hello all, i'm now living on isle of wight, was born and bred in radford ,magic times, wonderful place to be in the sixties ,how i miss nottm

and the old days, still i think we were very lucky to have all the great memorys , hope to share some with you all. cheers Pete.

Welcome Pete to the madhouse that is Nottstalgia. You will have a great time on here with some very knowledgeable, funny and lovely people....enjoy.

Is your name Pete Stevenson/ Stephenson ?

A great welcome Stevo, there's much here that'll interest you.

Hi Pete and welcome. I am interested to know if you're called Stevo because your surname is Stevenson (or Stephenson). My mum's maiden name was Stevenson and she grew up on Salisbury Street. My Aunt lived on Bright Street (maiden name Stevenson) and my Uncle Bill (Stevenson ) lived on Denman street near the Dover Castle which I think was his second home.

Hi Pete and welcome. I am interested to know if you're called Stevo because your surname is Stevenson (or Stephenson). My mum's maiden name was Stevenson and she grew up on Salisbury Street. My Aunt lived on Bright Street (maiden name Stevenson) and my Uncle Bill (Stevenson ) lived on Denman street near the Dover Castle which I think was his second home.

Bilbraborn see # 2 LOL

Yeah. There must be loadsa Stevensons around Radford. They got up to all sorts of stuff after a pub crawl. When I looked at White's Directory a few years ago, I noticed there was another Stevenson on Salisbury Street apart from my mum and parents and siblings. I can't remember them being related.

Thanks you all for the welcome , yes Dave my name is pete Stevenson lived on wimbourne road till i was 21,then moved to bullwell .only found this site by chance but boy are the memories coming back now ,i can almost smell the tobbaco from players factories .

Oh, and nice one Benjamin!!

• Upvote 1

Stevo

I lived Norton Street next to the chemist, Hartley Road.

Can you remember Big daft Geoff who used to run up and down Hartley Road?

welcome stevo, many happy memories of radford of yesteryear, my great aunt dade lived on Argyll St., last house on right, always remember she never locked her door, mam would take us shopping down denman st. we would call in Argyll st. aunt was never in but teapot milk and cups always on table. very happy days, again welcome to the site

• Upvote 1

Thanks you all for the welcome , yes Dave my name is pete Stevenson lived on wimbourne road till i was 21,then moved to bullwell .only found this site by chance but boy are the memories coming back now ,i can almost smell the tobbaco from players factories .

Oh, and nice one Benjamin!!

Pete did you go out with a girl called Barbara Allen who lived in Broxtowe and did you play football with her brother Graham and a lad called Steve Ashdown?

• Upvote 1

Oh my god, yes i did,on frinton road, babara was the most wonderful girl my first love and graham her brother was a lovely lad, a very nice family, me i was just stupid (enough said)

blimey i never expected this, its a real shock .

• Upvote 5

I am still mates with Graham after all these years although I don't see him that often now although he only lives less than 2 miles away. Barbara had cancer a few years ago but I think she made a full recovery.

I have lost touch with Steve Ashdown not seen him for years although I do see his mum and dad around , they must be well into their eighties now or even older.

Thanks for letting me know Dave when you see graham give him my best and glad barbara is ok, i know she got married and had twins, hope she's has had a good life

if ever anyone deserved it she did . by the way did i know you through football ?

• Upvote 2

Welcome Stevo, as an aside my brothers best motorcycling mate in the 60's was named Don Stevenson, he had a girlfriend Pam who he later married, think he rode a BSA A10 at the time.

I'd only be about 14 but had a crush on Pam she was gorgeous.

Got a feeling he lived down Ilkeston or Alfreton road just down from Canning circus.

Gosh how a name brings back a memory from the past.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for letting me know Dave when you see graham give him my best and glad barbara is ok, i know she got married and had twins, hope she's has had a good life

if ever anyone deserved it she did . by the way did i know you through football ?

Hi Pete,

I think I met you a few times at Graham's house when you were visiting. Me and Graham used to go to Forest matches home and away but I didn't play football as such on a regular basis , only turned out for Baker and Plumb in the Thursday League when I worked there.

bet ive played against you Dave,i played Thursday league for Notts Corinthians early 60s,also i aint seen Steve Ashdown for years hes an old mate.we both played for BRSA Bulwell in the 60s and 70s.