hi everyone ,, does any body remember wood bastows ltd. in Clifton,, the factory was on wheat acre road, they used to make swim suits, bras girdles. I used to work there along with Dave smith he was the mechanic, I was the store man. some of the girls tha worked there were Josie Goffe, Joan pepper, molly Prest, Margret Taft, Janet swift, Cathy smith, Valery parker then there was the manager Albert Anders. Joyce Chollerton. and many more. What I remember the most was the Christmas Parties at the CO-OP .Parliament street in the ball room, I also remember the day trips out, one I remember the most was a trip to Blackpool, on the train back to nottingham I purloined some guys girl friend and he was not too impressed, it turned into a fight and he drew knife on me and stabbed me in the shoulder,, god that bloody hurt!!! perhaps someone can add to the list of names and experiences the factory has been demolished now, another one bites the dust regards don.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Don, I remember the place but not got any memories of it apart from my sister working there for a time must have been about 1970, her name was Elaine Chaplin

Rog