• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

16 hours ago, catfan said:

The great thing about Bulwell is always bumping into people you know & some people you don't know will still nod & say "ayup" when passing.

You are so right Catfan,.........i have said before,lived all over,......did'nt realise until i left it.....and coming back was a pleasure,...........this morning between Birds and Wethers 4 'ay ups'.......and it was quiet,no Market even.............

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been posted before but here goes,(note the name at the bottom right of the Bedford TK picture)

Rog

• Like 4

Great stuff Rog, seen em before but still enjoyed watching again..........bleddy late for work now..............

• Like 1

The compilation of those photographs of Sankeys brought back memories of my first employment. Do you know when the fire occurred and how extensive it was?

Thanks for posting that Rog.

• Like 1

There used to be,maybe still is a BMX track on low wood road,used to play on there on me mountain bike,tought the local kids how to ride off road,that stopped em laughing when I got on the track,  (well I was in me late forties)

Rog

• Like 2
2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Years ago i was seeing a girl from Kimberley..fit..but in the other sense- she was bench pressing before Goulds Gym had even heard of it.I had to cycle to the Adelaide from Grindon..stopping off at 2 pubs on the way...which never went down well!.no one pinched me battered old Dawes bike even outside the boozer on Hoewood Rd.Was there a BMX track near Sankeys? Anyroad...i gave her the road after a night in the 3

Ponds pub...i was gagging for a kebab and she a wheatgerm Alfafa thingy..that's my memory of Sankys..the fire of course...insurance job?

images_4.jpg

Ian! - i just love this post thumbsup Yeats would have bought you a drink. 

• Like 1

I used  to visit Sankey's regularly to supply parts for their plastic moulding shop. Remember one day I asked if they would donate a few plant pots to the Home Farm Trust - my boss was a govenor there. Before I knew it my Cortina was filled with boxes of plastic plant pots. Had to drive around in what was a virtual two seater for a week before able to deliver them to HQ in high Wycombe.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

What was the TV, Electrical shop on the opposite side?

Godfrey.s now s Polish shop for all the immigrants in Bulwell.

• Like 1

Godfreys that was the other name that I thought it could be but finally chose Pascoes. sorry about that , chose wrong again the pleasure of memory. So where have I got the name Pascoes from can anyone help me on that or is it another bug in my memory.

• Like 1

I remember Pascoe's in Bulwell. Left hand side just, just past the market going towards the now Wetherspoons. Double windowed shop, they used to put a list in the window of their bad customers who owed money. 

• Like 2

Thanks to all over Pascoes I thought I knew the name from Bulwell, I can now let my wife know she is not correct , I am not completely losing my marbles, well not yet anyway.