Doesn't seem to be attracting much interest as yet, I had a look on Saturday.

In it's new incarnation as 'Gresham Court' it is to be three units available as food / retail outlets. I think the developers though, whoever they are, have overlooked the fact that the area is already saturated with such things. The Bentinck next door is now a Starbucks, inside the new station front is a Costa and a Morrisons, there's a Tesco just round the corner in Station Street, down the road towards Broadmarsh is a Greggs and a Sainsburys and other similar outlets on the opposite side of Carrington Street too.

Personally, I think the scheme is a non starter, I don't know how much (if any) work has been done but the front is boarded up, reducing pavement width even more where people queue for buses. I get the feeling it a case of 'If there's any interest, we'll complete the work'

Don't hold your breath though, I think it could remain boarded up for some considerable time!

hi charlesworth you mention stubbins was this this the stubins the biulders the old man used to live on Kirkby street in the middle 50s ish

that's right, I remember now he had a lorry,, his yard was down an entry next to mill's shop. didn't Mrs mills son get hung for murdering a young girl, I seem to remember my dad saying they hung him on his 18 th birthday I lived in bell st. at the time , I would be about 8

hi denshaw I have been asked this before,, I seem recall the name but can't remember what number they lived at,, I remember the ,,renshaws,, the chesters Susan Arnold, the turners, and a polish family can,t remember their name,,, the goddards , longstaffs blackberrys, slacks, I will ask my mate john longstaff if he remembers them, he might even know what became of them.

Den, I haven't found the thread but I think the story you are referring to this.

In 1951 Mabel Tattershaw was murdered by Herbert Mills; they'd had a date the Roxy cinema on Ribblesdale Road, Sherwood, just before he killed her.

Some of the names match up with what you mentioned.

The Roxy ended up being owned by George Atkins, he also owned Annometals the plating company next door.

When it came to getting demolished would be the late 80s George being George he tried to get it done on the cheap. It ended up with a stop notice on the works as they got the demolition of the cantilever balcony all wrong and nearly fetched the lot down in one go.