I remember my first date, I would have been about 9 years old. This young blond wanted to go out with me but I didn't fancy her because she had this continual runny nose, very off putting, two candles sticks just hanging there but I did fancy her marbles.

I told her if you give me your marbles, in exchange I will be your boyfriend for ever, she agreed.

Within a very short time I packed her in but kept this bag of marbles.......but not for long, she had an older brother who sorted me out and retrieved her bag of marbles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I KNEW HER loppy' she told me you were a 'right div' .........as we glided across the 'ice' like 'Torville and Dean' lol.

oh mum got her own back, couple of years later, like an elephant my mum, i had a girlfirend called Valerie, lovely girl, really liked her, anyway one day saw her on a motorbike with another bloke, fou

Sorry

I was only 12 when I had my first date. We went out with my friend and her boyfriend (also 12) to see Ulysses at a cinema somewhere near the Locarno? He kissed me on my cheek!! A few months later, my friend and I decided to swap boyfriends, so we did. The boys didn't seem to mind.... can't decide if that was good or bad!

I told her if you give me your marbles, in exchange I will be your boyfriend for ever, she agreed.

Within a very short time I packed her in but kept this bag of marbles.......but not for long, she had an older brother who sorted me out and retrieved her bag of marbles.

And too right, what an absolute cad!!!!

• Upvote 1

Brian Jones. I was 12 and met him at the Byron Cinema, Hucknall, when I took my younger brother to see The Jungle Book. Lasted for a few weeks, can't remember why we split. Then he turned up at my house on my 18th birthday/ engagement party looking for a girl who was at my party. Then had a message on friends reunited from him,probably about 10 years ago, he was moving to Retford not far from where I live. If you're reading this Brian, sorry you never got a reply on Friends Reunited but my membership had expired so would not send my reply to you!!! (I quit FR when my hubby and I remet on there...thought that was quite enough of a result, 12 years ago now! slywink )

• Upvote 2
  • 6 months later...

He was called Trevor Unwin and we met at a Sunday School Youth Club in Hucknall, I was 9 and he was 10 when he took me for a walk around Titchfield Park on a Sunday afternoon, our first date and we snogged and snogged, I fancied him until I was 13 years then it was over.................He later became a Lay Preacher at the Sunday School .............I didn't see him after I was 13 years..,...... learned not long ago that he died young..............There was also a boy called William Chambers who lived next door to me, I fancied him as well for a long time in my childhood, we were bestis mates, went Potato picking and on bike rides together, he then moved to Bestwood, he married a girl he met whilst on holiday in Yarmouth, they then lived in Calverton - wonder were he is now .........

My first grown up date after I Ieft school was with Melvyn Dobbs from Beauvale in Hucknall, I fancied him but, he did not ever want to be serious with me........wonder where he is now.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ive always had a good memory, I never forget anything and nothing gets past me either...........

I don't know whether this counts as my first date. I would be about 11, I think, and mam said that I was to go to the pictures with the girl who lived across the road - one of three sisters; she was my age. We went to the Highbury and saw a war picture about submarines. I cannot imagine what this was all about. I had never been to the Highbury before, and certainly had never had any thoughts of going with a girl. Seeing that it was mam who set it up, was there some collusion with the girl's mother? Maybe I said I was going to the pictures and she mentioned it to the girl's mother and she said it would be a good idea if her Pat went too. Whatever, it never happened again. I see Pat every year at the Crane School reunion. When I recalled it to her she couldn't remember anything about it. Must have made a great impression, then!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
On 1/16/2015 at 5:40 PM, DJBrenton said:

big bite out of a fresh chilli which resulted in me having hiccups for the rest of the meal

Apparently they have found a cure for hiccups? ................. I`m not holding my breath :crazy:

• Like 1

My first real teenage date, that is the first after realising what puberty meant, was with a girl called Monica Chandler from year above me at school. She was to meet me at the Lions in the square (where else!) at 6:30pm for a date at the pictures.  I waited until almost eight o'clock and then gave up....I remember the Kinks "Tired of Waiting for you" was their current hit single at the time.  Somewhat childishly, I refused to speak to her the following Monday at school thinking that I had been stood-up but after a few days was told that she had tried to come out but her parents refused her permission because a young woman had been attacked in their district (St Anne's) the night before.  Oops!

On 16/01/2015 at 3:15 PM, swe62 said:

I wasn,t old enough for a motorbike The best I could offer was a croggy on my rusty steed!

Dirty boy swe62....................Wash your mouth out     lol

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 10:47 PM, Guest said:

Great post Blondie..the memory is good I see.

I never forget anything......

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, radfordred said:

Not sure it was my first date, but she was quite big chested lass for her age, when I unclipped her bra strap the clip nearly took me eye out :crazy:  

Lucky Duck....

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, radfordred said:

Not sure it was my first date, but she was quite big chested lass for her age, when I unclipped her bra strap the clip nearly took me eye out :crazy:  

Well it wasn't me....

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Dirty boy swe62....................Wash your mouth out     lol

Round the back entry would have been better, but I forgot you didn't have entry's at Bestwood Estate, to posh.....

• Like 1

We had lots of entry's on Bestwood estate 'Blondie'........fell in love down all of em;   lol.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

We had lots of entry's on Bestwood estate 'Blondie'........fell in love down all of em;   lol.

Can remember going to Frank Smith's house, never saw any entry's though - we used to go up a hill to a field, cannot remember where as I was only 14/15..........Sandra Binch and Marian Frost lived around there as well........Wonder where they are all are now ?...

Frank Smith my old mate,,had a entry,.....think the hill he took you up would be 'Bendigo's' ring............as for Sandra Binch,last saw her many years ago in Stafford,running a Pub,................and Marian Frost lives up Rise Park..............

Thanks carnie.............'oh if i should fall in again, i'd choose you from the start again..........go for it carnie.............:rolleyes:

'I'd be just the same, if I loved again. I should still fall in love with you'. Haha, You got me there benj. I couldn't place the lyrics, so I cheated and Googled it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Funny this thread came up this morning but at the funeral i went to yesterday (sorry i waxed lyrical about it last night,but i'd had a drink and felt meloncolly sp ) anyway at the funeral saw a lady i'd not seen for about 40 years,and we recalled having a 'Snog' on Vernon Park, not exactly a first date we were about 14 and it was just a 'snog'     so she told me.......offered to meet her again on Vernon Park.........but she turned me down, :Shock: lol

• Like 1