Thought I'd start something in a lighter mood. A guardian article mentioned today says we have clearer memories of our first 10 -30 years so that should cover it.

Your first date.

How old were you?

Where did you go?

Did he / she become your wife / husband or were they the first of many.

Keep it light hearted. I'll give you a start.

Met a girl that worked in a shop on Parliament street where we doing some electrical work. i was 16. Asked her for a date. She suggested we meet at the ice stadium as she liked to skate. Never should have done that. I couldn't skate and I don't think she was interested in me anyway. Needless to say that didn't go anywhere. Chalk it up to experience.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I KNEW HER loppy' she told me you were a 'right div' .........as we glided across the 'ice' like 'Torville and Dean' lol.

oh mum got her own back, couple of years later, like an elephant my mum, i had a girlfirend called Valerie, lovely girl, really liked her, anyway one day saw her on a motorbike with another bloke, fou

Sorry

My first date was a boy from Netherfield, I was about 14/15 and arranged to meet by The Memorial Hall at Gedling. There I stood with my 'Rock Solid Beehive', took me an hour to get it as high as possible, my Baby Pink Lippy and Sky Blue Eye Shadow plus Dusty Springfield Black eyeliner. All full of nerves and exitement, and The Bloomin' Rotter Let Me Down!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

#2. She probably didn't fancy a ride on your motor bike!

#5. Wasn't me!

I wasn,t old enough for a motorbike The best I could offer was a croggy on my rusty steed!

Thought I'd start something in a lighter mood. A guardian article mentioned today says we have clearer memories of our first 10 -30 years so that should cover it.

Your first date.

How old were you?

Where did you go?

Did he / she become your wife / husband or were they the first of many.

Keep it light hearted. I'll give you a start.

Met a girl that worked in a shop on Parliament street where we doing some electrical work. i was 16. Asked her for a date. She suggested we meet at the ice stadium as she liked to skate. Never should have done that. I couldn't skate and I don't think she was interested in me anyway. Needless to say that didn't go anywhere. Chalk it up to experience.

I KNEW HER loppy' she told me you were a 'right div' .........as we glided across the 'ice' like 'Torville and Dean' lol.

• Upvote 7

My first real date was a disaster. I was about 15 and the girl I was meeting had decided (and I'm not sure why I was still interested in her) that we were going to see Snow White at the pictures. As i had time on my hands before meeting I went to a Greek restaurant for my first taste of Greek food. The only thing I remember about the meal was taking a big bite out of a fresh chilli which resulted in me having hiccups for the rest of the meal, right through the film and all the way home. In all I think the shock had me hiccuping for something like 4 hours. We never had a second date for some reason.

• Upvote 3

Did some more searching on this and found that I had started the same topic back on March 5 2010. Well at least I told the same story, they say you need a good memory to be a good liar.

Maybe I should start another one. When did you first realize you were losing it? Problem is I can't remember? (Wry grin)

• Upvote 4

my first date i was 16, her name was Maureen 6ft tall thin as a rake and i thought the most beautiful girl i had ever seen, Berk, i worked at Corbett & Davis, Peveril ST. in the fabric warehouse, she worked upstairs in the machine room, we arranged to meet outside Erics shoe shop corner of Alfreton Rd and Hartley road, at 7.30pm, i got there at about 7.15, still there at 8.30, she never came, told you Berk, so next day i saw her and asked why no show, can't remember the excuse but she said she would meet me same place and time that night, well she turned up, me being the twit i am took her to my home, we stayed there about hour and a half, all the time she was trying to get off with my dad, mum was livid, me, the berk never noticed, only saw her that night, she left Corbetts the following week, Took me 3 weeks to talk me mum round, BERK

• Upvote 1

oh mum got her own back, couple of years later, like an elephant my mum, i had a girlfirend called Valerie, lovely girl, really liked her, anyway one day saw her on a motorbike with another bloke, found out later her brother, me, Berk, got wound up fell out with her, well couple of days later apparantly she sent me a note, now i never knew about this till 2 years ago when my sister, Olive, told me, the note said Valerie was taking a bath, her parents were away she would be waiting for me, can you imagine what that meant to a teenager, so Olive told me whilst i was at work, bus conductor, this note was pushed through the letter box and mom found it opened it and threw it in the fire telling Olive not to tell me, 47 years later Olive told me, unfortunately mum had passed away, so could not speak to her about it, knowing my mum she having a bloody good laugh in heaven now over it, god bless her.

market sq. left lion, now he tells me

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

My first serious date started by the left lion as Carni suggested, but that one went nowhere either. We even went steady for few months, but in the end we were too different. Breaking up is hard to do as Neil Sedaka sang. 'Course I don't suppose he ever met anybody by the left lion either.

My first date was with a girl named Ann Cropper from Blue Bell Hill School (where is she now?) We were both 5 years old and I had insisted my mum go to her mum`s place of work( off Alfred St)., to ask her if she could come to the Cavendish cinema to see Roy Rodgers or similar. Strangely enough I was discussing this with a lad called Kenny H the other day and he told me he thought she was lovely also (aged 11 also at BBH school)

Came to nought though!!!