trash, rammel and rubbish

I,ve just been for walk around Toton Sidings and cannot believe the amount of rubbish and empty tins and bottles ,why don,t the scruffy sods put them in the bin on the way home theres even bags of houshold rubbish chucked over the fence near the air raid shelter at the back of Asda ,Scum!

• Upvote 1

I walk regularly around there, and the area around the old canal is completely covered in cans and bottles. Disgusting.

Its an interesting walk especially if you can remember the days of steam trains and the hump shunting ,its a bit sticky if you walk to the top of the bank though!

I often walk from Bessel Lane to Long Eaton . Great memories of steam days.

Midges when it's dry. LOL

• 8 years later...

Just who are the ignorant, dirty slobs who sling rubbish out of car windows, littering the verges along major roads.  The mess isn’t noticeable when you’re driving at 50 or 70 mph but when there’s a hold-up and your vehicle is slow or worst still, stationary, then the disgusting mess is there to see.  
I assume local councils are responsible for the clear-up, but there’s not much chance of that, they can’t even empty wheelie bins regularly.  
But why can’t chain-gangs be put to work to clean this country, instead of prisoners having a cushy life in prison and mostly serving only half a sentence anyway.  

• Like 3

Lizzie totally agree and rammel is such a Nottm word, love it. You’re right about only noticing it when you’re stuck in traffic wherever you are in the country. It really annoys me too when there are fag butts on the floor inches away from a bin and I’m a smoker! My personal ashtray has travelled thousands of miles around the world with me so I don’t need to do that.

The offenders don’t always throw their rubbish out of the car whilst on the move.

You often see a pile of rubbish (eg takeaway trays and drinks cans) all piled together at the side of the road, especially in side roads or lay-bys.

That’s because the occupants have bought a takeaway, parked their car to eat the food, and when they’ve finished eating they just open the car door slightly and drop all their leftovers into the gutter, and drive off. I've seen it done many times, even in pub car parks.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to trash, rammel and rubbish

The verges alongside the A1 between Markham and Newark are full of litter and not just near the layby litter bins, the full length of the verge, looks an absolute mess

Rog

Just been watching a number of people wearing orange “community service” bibs clearing the litter from my local park this morning. Gedling council have also used them to plant trees and shrubs in all of their parks, as well as clearing dead leaves in autumn.

Might it also be a coincidence that you rarely see litter on the sides of motorways on the continent, where they treat professional drivers very differently, with proper facilities for them to eat, rest, shower, dispose of litter, and so on?

My last job was to investigate fly tip  incidents. If we found any evidence of names or addresses we would prosecute them, sometimes van loads of rubbish was tipped in fields. They could of taken it to the local tip.

When you go on Kimberly by-pass  both parts of the grass verge are always full of rubbish. After you have read this post if you travel  on the by-pass make sure when you look for all the rubbish, don't get too distracted as most of the time there is normaly a speed trap. The speed from Eastwood to the island changes 3 times.

When my new sister in law first came over to the UK in the 70s I ask her what she thought of the UK? It's a very nice place she said but it's so dirty.  Nothing Changes.