Dance Floor Clearers

Remember when you would be bopping away. Being all cool on the dance floor, giving it some 'Look at me jiving, Good or what'. Then the record comes on that you all dread. The all time Floor Clearer that I remember was B.Bumble and the Stingers playing Nut Rocker 1962. Of course I was one of the ones who carried on dancing. Miners Welfare Mapperly was the place! Can you think of one to beat it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSB5iSVOcEU

• Upvote 2

Carni , I am sure there are loads with awkward beats that are hard to dance to but one I remember clearing a dance floor with was Barbara Ann by the Beach Boys .

My bro worked for EMI and he used to get all the demo discs a fortnight before the 45s were released. So I heard Barbara Ann weeks before it was released and loved it (at the time).

Thought I would be clever and stuck it on in between the usual familiar Stax and Motown tunes, when I was DJing in Stamford . No one knew it and the dancers all quickly disappeared !

• Upvote 3

I thought this subject was Floor Cleaners. Shoulda gone to Spec Savers. I record comes to mind, They're coming to take me away, ha ha. Couldn't dance to that.

• Upvote 3

Phew tired me out dancing to your selected music,in my day kids danced to owt but for some unknown reason when I danced everybody sat down

can only guess they were jealous,anyway can you select some more of

my favourite dance tunes.

• Upvote 1

This is one record that has a great beat. I always remember the dance floor would be full when it came on, and slowly one by one the couples would give in and walk off the floor! Sandy Nelson. Let There Be Drums. Wish I could move that fast now!!