41 club Tremayne Rd

Can any old 41 club members remember what comment was scratched on the top of the big table, its a few years ago but Iv,e never forgotten?

Are you talking about the Grange on Tremayne Road?

If so, the only recollection I have that place is the feel of the cold, wet concrete floor on your bare feet in the toilets, I went to the karate club run from there.

we were members 41 club from mid 60s to mid 70s but i dont remember the table you mean wonder if old ace will or ash.remember the club house well with the old chairs and sofa counter were you could get teas or coffee bits of old bikes all over the place and the bar over the courtyard ive had the keys and open the bare for bear pr cocacola. gppd times

• Upvote 1

Have just joined seeing this post.It gives me a good start to the site. I was a member of the 41 club around 1966.cannot remember the table though, trying to remember names of others ?.I do remember PJ racing up and down Bracebridge drive on his BSA Rocket gold star as we gathered I think outside a chippy there?I had a 1962 Triumph t100 s/s then a BSA super rocket, still have a Triumph though.

welcome chas from this old 41 clup memberyou want to pop down whitehart lenton still quite a few 41 mrmbers about. in fsctwe were down thrtr last night for a partythere were about 15 to 20 41 members there.

Thanks to all for the welcome messages.Will have to come down to Whitehart sometime, hopefully on the Triumph but it needs a few things sorting first though.As for sharing memories I have many - born and brought up in the old St Ann's, going to hunto sec school and starting work at W J Furse traffic st, are always good for starting or sharing a topic.

#4piggy n babs can you remember my M20 outfit i used to cart hammo round in it, we went to the dragon rally on it one year when it was at Conwy and the site was a sea of sludge the outfit was in a photo in MCN parked on its own in a muddy field,I think Ivatt went on a Panther with the side car front sawn off because it wouldn,t fit the chassis,the legend on the table at 41 said this table is heavy , why I remember that after all these years god knows, Can you remember Ivatts trials outfit that he had off Rick Rickaby was it a bsa or ariel ?.the reg was GUT41 cheers swe

ill ask rick when i see him regular he has a bungalow near radcliff on soar. was talking to steve murphey aka mr punivers last night at the heart about the table he like me could not remember what it said on it. was that thst the year 42 club put up tents in the dark and when they woke up they were surounded by a bog i was not there but piggy was, have you seen the vidio with 41 club on there way down to dragon rally quite a few outfits on that sure we got it from phill and audrey or ammo got it from them and gave us a copy. we later brought phill and audres vello off them . a few other names you might remember mick denny ,pete marshall ,bob brown , mick the noo jonny sentace aka sundace ,hank,graham and lesley fulger, fester pat and toni ali.

• Upvote 1

old photoes off thr rallies 41 club or whitehart always wellcomr we will coppy and return if you got anyfor putting up in bikers bar.

looks like this years reunion wtll be 11th aprill this year swe and chas

the year of the bog was when we had a massive old army ten to kip in, and if my memory is right Ivatt was wandering round with a durex advert round his neck!

Did you go to the Stag rally at Nassington when everybodys boots fell to bits because of the acid they used in the pea field ,I would love to see the video of the dragon,

#12 piggy and babs,

As an ex mod I never ventured into the White Hart, although I have drank many times in Jono's, the Boat and Dunkirk Hotel. Although I have never met him, there was a guy who's name was mentioned when ever I was in the area and I understood he frequented that particular pub.

His name was Jesus or he was known by that pseudonym. As you were/are a regular of the premises was it a name you were familiar with? I have no connections with him but just curious.

Did you go to the Stag rally at Nassington when everybodys boots fell to bits because of the acid they used in the pea field ,I would love to see the video of the dragon,

Yes I was at what became known as the Peafield Rally, Fortunately I didn't take the short cut across the field, but I well remember the effects on the bikers boots. I seem to remember that someone fell over in the peafield and his leather jacket was ruined.

I also recall that Tom Carr threw up in his billy can in the night and that in the morning, Dosher while suffering from an almighty hangover heated up the billycan and had a mouthful. Our reactions prevented him from consuming any more.

The 'Peafield' Rally marked the start of me getting a more healthy diet together

• Upvote 1

I also had to chuck a sozzled catweazle out of me and hammos tent,if I remember right we only went across the peafield to get to the river that turned out to be a railway line, and the campsite used to be the village rubbish dump,