Dreams or nightmares

I don't know if this one applies but here goes. I used to have this dream when I was in my teens and twenties but can't recall having it since.

I used to dream I was walking up Wollaton Street towards Canning Circus, when all of a sudden all the buildings started spinning around me as if I was in the centre of a spinning drum. Then I would wake up and think what a weird dream. Then the whole bedroom walls would do the same thing spinning round me. Then I would PROPERLY wake up. And all the bedding and everything would be all over the place. I never did work out what went off while I was having the dream. And after all these years I doubt if I ever will.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as I started telling you about something that happened on my way home late at night, thought I'd better continue with the story - I'll try to keep it short. At the bus stop a man was staring -

#17. One should not ridicule dreams, they often tell a lot about a person. I have been reading The Labyrinth of the Tortured Mind, by the well-known Austro-Bulwellian professor Dr Sigmund Chullaski, N

Thanks to Carni last night was the first time in years I slept for eight hours although I did have a brief nightmare during. Benjamin started dating me mam and they got married.....Benjamin became my

I'd been to a cinema somewhere round Shakespeare Street (I think it was near there but can't remember exactly) and was waiting at a bus stop just round the corner on Mansfield Road........

How long ago are we talking? One of the cinemas in that area was the Moulin Rouge, which used to show "adult films". I'm sure you wouldn't have been there. It must've been another.

Re#9 it wasn't the eight pints and the dozen vodka and limes was it ?

I had many nights like that in the 60's .

I had to walk to Wollaton Vale, so it was either Derby Rd, or Ilkeston Rd. The latter was a trifle scary as there were some undesirable characters around the Tally Ho area. LOL

Re#6. Sort of pleased it wasn't just us girls who were nervous about getting home in the dark.

Re #8 Martial Arts it is then! Better warn my husband in case I thump him as I'm dropping off to sleep!

Re #9. Your nightmare seems alcohol related. I agree with basfordred. But he shouldn't have known anything about alcohol having been a Life Boy!!

Re #10. The film I had been to see was Suzy Wong (I think it was) it was about 1960

• Upvote 2

I was 9 at the time and didn't progress to the Boys Brigade.

• Upvote 2

Aaah, you were only little then. I can understand why you ran home. You were quite young to be out when it was dark

When I was little I had a recurring nightmare that I was in a maze, running frantically round, back and forth, searching for my Mum. There was no reason for such a nightmare because I had a very loving, caring Mum who was ALWAYS there for me.

• Upvote 2

As a teenager I had a nightmare that I have never forgotten, it recurred two or three times. It sounds funny, but it wasn't. Each time, I found myself on Huntingdon Street Bus Station, with just a vest on. I would be in a panic, trying to cover myself. No one took any notice, after a while I would wake up. I think it is interpreted as being insecure. Who Knows? I was certainly glad to be at home.

• Upvote 1

I read somewhere that when you dream you never actually catch that bus you are running after or land from falling off a cliff top because if you did you would die.

I don't know if this is true but I try to avoid sleeping for long periods to stop me going into that short time zone when you do dream. Because of this fear of the unknown I drink far too much coffee throughout the day which helps to keep me awake during the long cold lonely nights.

The only reason I can think that it was the Bus Station, is because it was always a very busy place early in the morning and late afternoon when I would have been there weekdays. I imagine it was because there was nowhere to hide.

Robbie, re your first line in #18. Thankfully it's not true. This dream stayed with me from being 8ish yrs. This is all part of the dream.

I was laying in bed asleep, and I rose up and was transported over the houses and landed with a bump, I layed there as I thought... Awake... I darn't open my eyes and I was freezing. I was terrified, of what I don't know? I eventually heard a bark, I opened my eyes and realised I was in my friend sueB's back yard and the dog was her Great Dane Thunder. I was so relieved because I knew where I was, I still darn't move, and layed there for ages, and then. Guess What....... I Woke Up in bed. So I landed and didn't die!!! :huh:

• Upvote 1

i used to have a dream regularly from about the age of 9yrs to about 16 years old, the dreams, which i hardly remember now were different but they always started the same way, i would see a bus reversing out of a large bus garage on a main road, every dream i had, that i can remember, started like this, i was about 14 when mum took me and my sister to Snienton market, we went to look at pretty windows the pub and i happened to look down Manvers St. and realised this was the place in my dreams, Parliament ST. bus garage, years later, when i was 18 i got a job, at Parliament St. garage with Nottingham city transport, as a conductor, One day the exit for the bus i was on was blocked and we had to reverse the bus out onto Manvers St. Makes you think dunnit

• Upvote 2

Lizzie, I used to have a dream about my parents when I was young. It was that I daren't go home because they were planning to harm me. Everyone told me not to be so silly but I knew it was true. And, like you, I had wonderful caring parents who would never have harmed me, so what was that all about, I wonder.

Carni, your dream is almost exactly the same as one I have periodically. I'm in a village street wearing only a vest and I can't decide whether to pull it down at the front or the back! Lol. Also I can't decide whether to run back home so fast that no-one will see me, or whether to edge back slowly dodging into each gateway as I go. I'm in no way insecure so really don't know what that dream means.

Also why am I telling all you lot about it....

• Upvote 2

Wow! carni wearing just a shimmy standing at the Huntingdon Street bus station. The mind boggles. Quick, into the Fish Market - just the plaice to hide.

Please note: My previous post #29 was referring to being a flasher, not to being sussed by Benjamin!

Really pleased you joined the 'forum' margie.....................hey 'carnie' we've got a right one here' lol.

• Upvote 1