Dreams or nightmares

Going to watch Cambridge United v Man U on the TV now. Now that could turn out to be a waking nightmare for Man U . Come on you Amber Army...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as I started telling you about something that happened on my way home late at night, thought I'd better continue with the story - I'll try to keep it short. At the bus stop a man was staring -

#17. One should not ridicule dreams, they often tell a lot about a person. I have been reading The Labyrinth of the Tortured Mind, by the well-known Austro-Bulwellian professor Dr Sigmund Chullaski, N

Thanks to Carni last night was the first time in years I slept for eight hours although I did have a brief nightmare during. Benjamin started dating me mam and they got married.....Benjamin became my

benjamin I think you are a bit of a cad. You haven't even took me mam out yet and already you are flirting with MargieH.

Anyway I have rang her up and she is obviously upset especially since she bought a new outfit from the Oxfam Shop for this special date with you.

• Upvote 1

Some quick dream interpretations for you

Lack of clothing: You may be apprehensive about revealing your true feelings about something and are afraid of being ridiculed or disgraced. You could be feeling vulnerable about something.

Fear in a dream: this can depict a resistance to change, that you are afraid to confront unknown aspects about yourself, or that you are experiencing anxieties in your life, which obviously your were then Margie and it made such an impact on your life that you still feel that fear.

Maze: This can represent life's twists and turns. It shows indecision, confusion, feeling lost or being misled. Perhaps a fear of losing something or someone.

Bus dreams: To be waiting for a bus denotes temporary setbacks in achieving your personal goals.

To miss a bus shows an aspect of your life is out of control and you need to rethink your plans.

A wrong bus is a sign that you are afraid of making a wrong choice and going down the wrong path, you are conflicted with what you want and what others want for you.

• Upvote 4

Karlton, Aaah, We wunt do that Miduck, not on Nottstalgia.

darkazana #36, Your first line and last line ( Seeing as I was roaming round the 'Bus Staion'') and not getting on any bus, seems to point to me being a mixed up Kid. Dead Right. At sixteen that describes me perfectly! :biggrin: Nothings changed lol :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Thanks to Carni last night was the first time in years I slept for eight hours although I did have a brief nightmare during. Benjamin started dating me mam and they got married.....Benjamin became my stepdad. I woke up screaming, sweating and shouting mam, mam, mam what have you done.

I have decided to go back to the 18 cups of coffee a day I couldn't take a repeat performance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

#17. One should not ridicule dreams, they often tell a lot about a person. I have been reading The Labyrinth of the Tortured Mind, by the well-known Austro-Bulwellian professor Dr Sigmund Chullaski, NG, NCT, BSA. About the location of a bus station he says that it indicates itchy feet, whereby the patient does not like staying in the same place for more than 24 hours.

As for being dressed in only a vest, he says that if modesty is preserved by pulling down the front of the garment with the right hand, or the back of it with the left hand, then this is quite normal. However, if both hand are used simultaneously to pull down the front and back, then this is serious; it is an indication of Acute Ambidextrousness, sometimes fatal. In the worse cases the patient maniacally grabs cakes and buns with both hands, morbidly fearing that others are getting more than their fair share. Those that overdo it rarely survive and are usually found slumped in a chair covered in crumbs and cup-cake containers, but with a satisfied smile on their face. Cremation is usually at gas mark 8 for 45 minutes.

• Upvote 5

Chulla, Thankyou for researching my dream. As regards trying to preserve my modesty by pulling my vest down with right or left hand, I don't recall either? No free hands you see. In my left hand, I had my rolled up cone of Winkles and in my right one a Strawberry Flan. So my dylemma was...Drop the treats and cover up or hold on to my treats! Well I'll let you guess which option won? I noticed you say Gas and not Electric. Mmmm. Good choice Chulla!

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh. Brilliant. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

Seeing as I started telling you about something that happened on my way home late at night, thought I'd better continue with the story - I'll try to keep it short. At the bus stop a man was staring - really staring - at me, making me feel uncomfortable. I got on the 31 bus and so did the man. I decided to sit on the side seat near the door so the man wouldn't sit next to me or behind me. He then sat on the opposite sideways seat and continued to stare. I remember hoping he would get off before my stop at top of Woodthorpe Drive as I had a lonely walk home when I got off. The unease I felt turned to a rising panic when the bus went up the second hill and he was still there staring. I was now thinking I could phone my Dad from the phone box at the top of Woodthorpe Drive so he could walk up to meet me, but there's no locks on the inside of phone boxes and my imagination was running wild. Just then I saw a chip shop with its lights on near Private Road I think it was. There was a group of lads inside and I recognised them as being boys I knew. The bus stopped at the next stop - can't remember if it was me who rang the bell - and I leapt off and started to run back to the chip shop. I was conscious that the man had also got off after me. When I went into the chip shop I was crying and tried to tell them why. They asked me what happened and I said that a man was following me. 2 or 3 of them rushed outside and apparently chased him off back in the direction the bus had come from. One of the boys was an ex boyfriend of mine and he walked me home, even coming in my house and telling my Mum and Dad what had happened (as I was late home and they would have been worried) Some of you may be thinking that perhaps the man would have got off there anyway, but trust me, I just knew he should have got off before that. I have never been so afraid and the experience has lived with me for 54 years. The ex boyfriend and I started going out again after that! If only mobile phones were around back then...

• Upvote 6

Glad you were ok. It reminds me of the poor girl that was raped on the Forest a few years ago. She was 20p short and the driver showed no concern, and no passengers offered to fund her. She was left stranded late at night.

20 effing pence and that poor girls life has been ruined for ever. I hope the passengers can live with themselves. Barstewards !!!!

• Upvote 4

When I was quite young, 9 or 10 or perhaps a bit older, I had a recurring dream in which my mother was wearing her favourite red coat and was lying on her stomach on the reasonably steep grass embankment alongside the canal, immediately prior to the old Lady Bay Bridge on the southern side.

Old Ace will remember the area I am talking about.

To this day, I still remember the clarity of the dream, the green of the grass, the red coat and my mother looking at me with her arm outstretched to me. I remember I could not move and there was no words spoken.....just my mother laying there, looking at me with her arm lifted in my direction.

It was a frightening dream and when I told my parents about it, they just said it was only a bad dream and not to worry, despite it recurring on a regular basis.

That dream became a nightmare later in life when my mother developed Rheumatoid Arthritis shortly after our arrival in Australia.

The disease gradually spread throughout her entire body and she had to be carried by my father when it crippled her at times and prevented her standing or even walking. Medication delayed the inevitable and at times she was almost normal but as the years passed, my mother was confined to a bed. The disease also resulted in the amputation of her right arm.

She sadly passed away in January 1993 and her suffering was finally at an end.

I often think back about the dream and wonder whether it was an omen of what was to transpire later in our lives.....

• Upvote 1

It is truly awful to watch someone you love suffer so much. It must have been a dreadful time for you all.

Your dream could have been a precursor of things to come, or could have been that as a child you were for some reason feeling insecure at that time. All the notable things in your dream, mother, coat and grass are all protective symbols and perhaps subconsciously you were worrying about being left unprotected. Perhaps something was happening, or you sensed was happening, at that time that worried you.

Recurring dreams indicate unresolved issues, or unexpressed emotions in your waking life.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On Monday, May 12, 2014 at 10:34 PM, MelissaJKelly said:

I'll have a look in my dream book when I get a chance for you Radfordred

Thank you Melissa I've not had the pounding chicken dream for a while ............ but I've been having a new one!

If anyones been watching David Attenborough's Planet Earth 2 where that Iguana get chased by loads of snakes they catch him a few times & he keeps getting away, well in my new dream I'm that Iguana I finish off with a Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgg! which wakes me up & everyone else in the house ......... Any ideas or can analyze my dream more than welcome?

Found the said clip if you've not seen it, though not sure I should be watching it anymore?

Here you are, Col, interpret this. Films have had some good dream sequences and this is one of the best. 

I think you may have lost the plot altogether Red, or stop watching the telly.Keep it up mate

Rog

• Upvote 1

Bilboro lad - I can relate to your UFO dream, altho' I haven't dreamt about them for  quite a while now. It usually starts with seeing lights In the sky, but they are in a particular pattern.  Together they sort of make the shape of an ocean liner.  ( I was reminded of the dream the other night when watching Titanic... as it appeared to the people in the lifeboats).  I know the UFOs are looking for me and there's nowhere I can hide.  No-one else in my dream seems bothered about the lights!   One time I dreamt that one had landed - it looked like a 'Tripod' ...remember that series?   My daughter and I had to go down a steep path to see it but when we reached the bottom of the path there was a huge wrought iron gate and I knew we were safe - we didn't have to go up to it.  I felt we were protected...

RR, I think you feel someone's out to get you.  What have you been doing to annoy someone?

• Upvote 2