Dreams or nightmares

No Mary, but I'm gonna have a look now... I'm intrigued. Happy Buthday to Master :jumping:

Had a looksee, very interesting Mary. Long while since I've seen him. X

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as I started telling you about something that happened on my way home late at night, thought I'd better continue with the story - I'll try to keep it short. At the bus stop a man was staring -

#17. One should not ridicule dreams, they often tell a lot about a person. I have been reading The Labyrinth of the Tortured Mind, by the well-known Austro-Bulwellian professor Dr Sigmund Chullaski, N

Thanks to Carni last night was the first time in years I slept for eight hours although I did have a brief nightmare during. Benjamin started dating me mam and they got married.....Benjamin became my

I don’t get it often (thank God!), but I’ve also had a few instances of sleep paralysis and it can be absolutely terrifying. I am usually in an innocuous situation which for some reason is extremely frightening, and although I know I’m dreaming I just can’t wake up to stop the fear. I try to cry out so that the missus will nudge me awake, but can’t make a sound. I get so confused and scared that eventually I don’t know whether I’m awake or still sleeping. Very, very scary. 

I remember when I had my heart op the nurses said that nightmare’s could be quite common for months (although I had it years ago). My own theory was that although your conscious mind was knocked out by the anaesthetic the sub-conscious still knew what was going on and was disturbed  for some time after. 

• Like 1

That sounds really frightening, AG. 
It makes sense what you say about ops and anaesthetics.... never thought about it that way!

Never experienced sleep paralysis, AG, but have experienced false awakening. That's where you think you've woken up but you are, in fact, still dreaming.  I once experienced four consecutive false awakenings within a dream before I actually woke up. Very confusing indeed!   I can usually tell I'm dreaming if I try to switch on the light or use the phone. They will never work. If I look at my feet and I have no shoes on, I know for certain I'm still dreaming.

You right there Phil,,used to stay in Hotel in Tuesday Market place'''.........went to Wisbech for some entertainment.................

Used to deal with an wholesaler''Johnsons'' in Wisbech back in the 70s,,,who sold Dinted,,out of date and relabelled food products when it was legal,,it was big business,,

We used to call at a farm shop/cafe on the A47 near to Wisbech. Good home cooked, enormous meals. You queued at the till, ordered and paid, sat at your table and very soon a buxom lass would appear with the food, shouting out your table number. The place was a bit of an institution and very popular. We don’t go that way now as all our Norfolk relatives are dead but I often fancy a trip down to Wells to see if the cafe’s still there - perhaps when normality returns.

Sounds like the same place i used to visit 70s again,,,owner was bloke called Roger and his wife,,,excellent cafe and very popular with lorry drivers,,Roger lived near Norwich and also had a shop there,,,,Last i heard he lived in Gibraltar,,,

About the same time i lodged in Norwich and sometimes stayed at the Maids Head Hotel,,,,on TV at the moment which reminded me of it,,some of the cast from 'Tales of the unexpected'' also stayed there,,,i remember seeing Derik Jacobi at breakfast,,

Phil, Sorry you won’t be going to visit Wells.  We will probably be going there in half term ( depending on  Covid guidelines obviously)

Yes thats the place,,he did have a bungalow there,,,,trying to remember where in Norfolk his shop was,,South of Norwich,but long time ago.........

My wife had an uncle in Wells and her father was born there. The uncle lived in a cottage in Lion Yard, just of Staithe St., which comes out on the waterfront. There used to be an excellent restaurant on the waterfront who’s name escapes me. I used to enjoy the trips down to Wells but like all the picturesque Norfolk towns it’s become yuppified with an easy commute from London.

I worked for ABGibson of Daybrooke out of their Peterborough depot,,,and spent a lot of time in Norfolk canvassing for their VG Franchise,,,finished up with some business all the way round the Norfolk coast from Kings Lynn to GT Yarmouth,,dealt with some Wavy Line stores of which there was one in Wells,,can't recall the owners name,,,

Loved my time in Norfolk,,on and off 20 years,,,and dealt with some great characters who i became good friends with  ,,

Phil, Do the commuters who live in Wells catch their London train in Norwich?   It’s still a bit of a drag to get to work..,