Dreams or nightmares

I was teaching in a prefab school with 2 storeys when an earthquake started and we all had to rush outside - much of the school was destroyed but no-one was missing or hurt

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as I started telling you about something that happened on my way home late at night, thought I'd better continue with the story - I'll try to keep it short. At the bus stop a man was staring -

#17. One should not ridicule dreams, they often tell a lot about a person. I have been reading The Labyrinth of the Tortured Mind, by the well-known Austro-Bulwellian professor Dr Sigmund Chullaski, N

Thanks to Carni last night was the first time in years I slept for eight hours although I did have a brief nightmare during. Benjamin started dating me mam and they got married.....Benjamin became my

A funny and frightening dream. My husband was dreaming about us all ( me and my children when they were small) . We were all in bed together playing as we always did on a Sunday morning when the children came bouncing in. We were all cuddling together when in walked ..........TRUMP.      Dream suddenly interrupted by waking up.:shout:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AG that's the first time I've heard of someone else having sleep paralysis. My husband used to have something similar. He says he was never asleep and could hear everything . But he used to have difficulty in trying to make himself heard ( he never made a sound) and he couldn't move at all. It was very frightening for me as well as him. 

Forunately he doesn't get this any more

26 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

I really cannot think of anything worse than the thought of waking up to find Trump in the bedroom.

Could be worse, he could have Melania with him. :Shock:

On 10/9/2020 at 2:47 PM, MargieH said:

I was teaching in a prefab school with 2 storeys when an earthquake started and we all had to rush outside - much of the school was destroyed but no-one was missing or hurt

That was a true story with me Margie (almost)....about1957 i was at Padstow school on the second floor having an ''Art''' lesson,,,when we had a large Tremor,,,the teacher told us not to Panic........then was first down the stairs   lol,, anyone else recall that Tremor?

• Upvote 1

Think the earthquake I felt was about '55/56 , I was still at school I started working in 57. We had had a geography lesson and we'd been discussing earthquakes and blow me at playtime we had one . First hand experience but seem to remember that it was a bit more than a tremor. When we moved back here in 2000 we were sitting chatting to friends, all of a sudden I thought what the devil is the cat doing under the chair that I was sitting on. It seemed to wobble and rise up. sooner thought about when my husband shouted " earthquake, everyone outside" The furniture rattled and so did all the glasses and ornaments. It was all over by the time we got everyone together and got outside. My husband was used to the sound of earthquakes just as they happened because he lived in Sicily and they were quite common.

I think it was 57.  I think we taked about it on another thread a year or two ago. I was at Chandos school, around mid afternoon and there was a rumbling sound and we saw the telephone poles and wires shaking around outside.  Worst I've ever known.  Hope I'm never in another.

LL, If you felt the quake at Chandos, then we should have felt it up the road at CleWs, but I can’t remember anything! Perhaps we were in a games lesson outside ?

Quakes are weird.  There is a lady on YT operates a site called, Mary Greeley news. She seems to have a good knowledge  of seismology and tracks a lot of earthquakes.  I have noticed that sometimes folks just a few miles from the epicentre say they never felt it and others further away will say it knocked pictures off the walls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps your dream is telling you that you need to get a dog instead of thinking about cats!   Walking a dog is good exercise and good for meeting new people.  Now that is a WOW

• Like 2