Dreams or nightmares

Thought of you today Loppy when I saw a woman with a large beagle which was being very naughty and quite aggressive towards another passing dog. The dogs were both on leads but the beagle's owner was struggling to control it! Hope Jake is better behaved!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as I started telling you about something that happened on my way home late at night, thought I'd better continue with the story - I'll try to keep it short. At the bus stop a man was staring -

#17. One should not ridicule dreams, they often tell a lot about a person. I have been reading The Labyrinth of the Tortured Mind, by the well-known Austro-Bulwellian professor Dr Sigmund Chullaski, N

Thanks to Carni last night was the first time in years I slept for eight hours although I did have a brief nightmare during. Benjamin started dating me mam and they got married.....Benjamin became my

I wish I could tell you he was a paragon of good behaviour, Jill.  Unfortunately he isn't.  Tends to react like the dog you were talking about.  It must be something to do with the stubbornness and aggressive nature of the breed.  I'm not sure whether he thinks he is defending me, but we have a barking fit if someone is walking a dog even across the street.  Offer of treats, angry words.  Nothing seems to work.  Sometimes if the other dog owner is not intimidated, letting the dogs sniff each other seems to calm things down.  I often wonder if it is the leash that makes it worse, but you can't walk a dog off leash in the subdivision.

Old Bailey just grins a big grin and wants to be friends with everybody.  Wish the world was more like him. :rolleyes:

I know now this thread is about dreams.  Jake is not a good dream.  LOL.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
On 5/12/2014 at 10:34 PM, MelissaJKelly said:

I'll have a look in my dream book when I get a chance for you Radfordred

Find owt about my chicken foot (post 8) dream Miss Kelly?

Been having a strange dream lately, I'm laying down looking over the white cliffs of Dover, but half way down it's got a line of executive suites set in the rock bit like the Peter Taylor stand at Forest, in these boxes are people I know & known dead & alive? 

Strangely I've also been having loads of dreams about Cheryl Cole? 

• Upvote 1

Oh Lord, RR. You're definitely in great need of some serious counselling.

• Like 2

Hey RR, that's like ploughing through some of the posts on NS. Careering on blindly into oblivion !

On 5/12/2014 at 10:26 PM, radfordred said:

I get a great big chicken foot about 7 foot long just one foot with the tendons hanging out the top like you got from the butchers as a kid, anyway this one foot is pounding me like jumping on my chest non stop until I awake screaming like a girl.

Any ideas?

Not had the chicken dream for a while, I was having a dream that I'd turned in to a chicken that was always laughing & I was being chased by all these foxes, but some of the foxes where humans in fox costumes?  

God, it gets worse by the minute. I hate to say it, but stick to Cheryl Cole.

1 hour ago, radfordred said:

Not had the chicken dream for a while, I was having a dream that I'd turned in to a chicken that was always laughing & I was being chased by all these foxes, but some of the foxes where humans in fox costumes?  

I think that means you are (or feel you are) under attack by some people, but these people are doing it undercover, not wanting to reveal what they are doing.  They are pretending to be something they're not!  It's good that you"re always laughing, though.  In your dream, do these  'foxes' ever catch you?

• 1 year later...

Got to share last nights crazy dream,,,,sat here with my Coffee and its all coming back.....

I was in China with a Scotsman i used to work with,,,surrounded by Skyscrapers made out of tins of Heinz soup,,,and a lady was insisting she wanted Oxtail,,which was up the highest,,,anyway i sent the Scotsman,,,i woke up afore he got back....

Any idea's of the dreams meaning  ?

• Like 1

Too much cheeeeese at bedtime. Grommit!

I had a barmy dream, too.  There were loads of cute little mice all over the house. They were moving the furniture around and kept laughing at me when I told them to stop it.   I tried to persuade the cats to catch them but they ran away in fear!

:P

anyway i sent the Scotsman,,,i woke up afore he got back....

Any idea's of the dreams meaning  ?

Trying to find the answer to the age old mystery of do Scotsmen wear anything under the Kilt??

• Like 2

I had a nightmare just before waking up this morning....

Someone had given/bequeathed me a huge house full of very old furniture which I knew I had to get rid of and I didn’t like the situation of the house anyway as it was next to on a very busy road.   A friend of mine who has 2 year old twins called round to this house to ask if I could look after them while she went to the Bank over the road.   Apparently the queue was so long because of social distancing and they would get bored with waiting.  
I agreed but then these twins managed to get out on to the street and started running in opposite directions.  I chased after one of them but she was very fast and had started rolling a ball down a slope towards the road.  I managed to grab her eventually but then saw that her sister had crossed over the busy road and was racing away up the road into the distance.  
Then I saw Paul driving past so I signalled him to stop.  I explained that he had to find the escaped twin.  He drove off and later came back with her in her buggy but she had a black eye.  Her mother came out of the bank and didn’t seem at all worried when I told her what had happened because she said they were like that all the time!  
I was VERY pleased when I woke up!

I DO know what the dream means and it’s nothing to do with big old houses or children...  but I’ve written enough already

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

I DO know what the dream means and it’s nothing to do with big old houses or children...  but I’ve written enough already

I have no idea about interpreting dreams, so if you can give us a clue I'd genuinely be fascinated to know.

I can’t say it’s true  of every dreamer but I often dream of moving into a different house with lots of different rooms and staircases.  It’s not always the same house although sometimes it’s very similar.  I just feel it is symbolising my life with its many different areas and interests.  Often in my dream I find new rooms and even new floors which I never knew existed and I love that!

The chasing after the children isn’t actually a worry in this case, Jill.  I have just taken on a new 2- part role within our church and yesterday, there were  so many emails flying to and fro that I was having to keep really focussed just to keep up with them all.   By the time I went to bed, it was just about sorted!  I needed some of Paul’s input though, as always.    

So, in my dream, the house was my life and the twins were my new role within the church situation, which took a bit of organising but which I now feel confident about

6 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

She should be worried if she’s expecting twins at her age! 

You are correct there Phil!  
I do have twin grandsons but they are now 19 so don’t need me to chase after them.