Nurdin & Peacock...and Makro

The wholesaler nurdin and peacock,is it still tradig anyone know.

I did a second job on a free ad paper called freebee can anyone remember it

I remember my mam sending us down to clays shoe shop alfreton rd anyone remember

nurdin and Peacocks i think were on Lenton lane,do you remember Richardsons on Lambourne drive Wollaton?

Remember going to clays with my older brother,while we were waiting for the bus home two older lads started on us ,they both wish they

had not,I was skinny and weedy ,but our kid was a bit older and sportier than me.although older and bigger they did not punch their weight bro sorted um lucky for me,not the first time he pulled me out of the mire.

• Upvote 1

Did'nt know that Ray.,they used to be the 'mace' wholesaler,i think 'bookers' were 'spar' and Gibsons were VG,who i worked for.

Richardsons on Lambourne Drive had a licenced department (for booze) called Severns. My mum worked there as a cashier in the 60s. She got to know a lot of the retailers especially the mobile ones. They used to tell her where they hid their un declared money. Me and my mum still laughed about it until the day she died. One of the worst culprits was the bloke that had the single decker bus. I expect he's gone to the great tax haven in the sky by now.

I can remember Nurdin and Peacocks Cash and Carry - they were down near the Showcase Cinema..........We ran a shop and traded with them......Happy Shopper goods, they were very popular and cheap..................

• 1 year later...

RR ..... not surprised and not before time, it was a dreadful place. We actually popped in there a few weeks ago and there was very little on the shelves. We didn't find what we were looking for either.

I can remember Nurdin and Peacock when we ran our shop in the 1980/90's...........HAPPY SHOPPER products were quite popular..........It was over the flyover, Lenton Lane area...........not heard of theplace for years.......

• 3 months later...

#14 There wouldn't be much on the shelves Lizzie they were already on the move.

Makro was bought out by Booker last year sometime, then when the lease to the store came up for renewal the owners wanted it back, better offer from the car dealers.. The result of this was that Makro moved its Nottingham base to join with Bookers already establish store just down the road over the canal bridge.

The good news is that the wet fish stand along with the original fishmongers has moved and is up and running.

For those of you that occasionally used the old Makro, you can still use your Makro card to gain admittance.

• 2 years later...