Thanks Michael I found that very interesting. I shall be paying the tea lovers Café a visit sounds great.

Also the cinema on Broad Street could be worth looking in to ( It's not for mucky films is It ) LOL

• Upvote 1

I used to take my camera around Nottingham to see what I could find. I think I will start doing it again. I love all the quirky out of the way places as well as interesting shops, including the record shops on West End Arcade. Malin Hill always intrigued me as well as the now inaccessible Long Stairs. Exploring the hidden little Alleys like Hurt's Yard always interests me. Anybody ever had a walk through the Tunnel from Derby Road to the Park Estate?

I may have missed something here but it looks like those Evening Post people are not from Nottingham.

The Horse & Groom Linby, 'after a pleasant stroll through the picturesque village of Gedling you can pop in for a well earned pint'.

Your damn right it would be well earned popping in from Gedling to Linby on foot.

• Upvote 1

I seem to recall that Eddie Hand moved to the Horse & Groom from the Blue Bell on Parilament Street in the early 1980s.

The Meat & Potato pie his wife used to make at the Blue Bell made my lunchtimes worth waiting for. :)

I may have missed something here but it looks like those Evening Post people are not from Nottingham.

The Horse & Groom Linby, 'after a pleasant stroll through the picturesque village of Gedling you can pop in for a well earned pint'.

Your damn right it would be well earned popping in from Gedling to Linby on foot.

Unfortunately the Evening Post (or Nottingham post or whatever it calls itself these days) has suffered from terrible journalism for many years now. It almost seems like its made by school kids doing work experience. I'm amazed people still pay for it.