I have been watching Forest since 1957 through all of the ups & downs and take each match as it comes...

However, I do think that the time is now right this season to make changes with both the players and the management team.

Tactically we are all at sea and it seems to be getting worse each game.

Who could not like and admire SP as a player in the past, but as a manager....?

Times up in my book before it's too late...

• Upvote 1

Is it SP's fault that Assombalonga and Antonio have lost their sense of where the net is, or that a defensive back header doesn't have enough power on it? They seem to be creating the chances, but no-one can put them away. Just two weeks ago, we were all in football heaven, having beaten that lot from down the A52 and SP was in charge then. If SP goes, who comes in, and how long does he get?

Expectations at the beginning of the season were unrealistic (boosted because it was SP) and results were mainly gained over teams who still sit below Forest in the table. We all want the Reds back in the Premiership but, with the exception of Billy's first term in charge, Forest teams since then would soon be back down.

My friend Barbara is a season ticket holder of many years standing and goes to every home game. I've often said to her "would you rather watch Forest battle for promotion every season or see them promoted and watch them lose most weeks in the Premiership?". Unfortunately, at the moment the last part of that comment seems to apply to the Championship! Forest will survive this season, albeit not performing as well as we'd like, but another change of manager (again, who?) won't help. Well that's my opinion for what it matters!

• Upvote 1

We just keep repeating,manager spends money ,players play for a few games then deteriate,get rid of manager ,start again.These players are supposed to be valuable assets,normally turn out to be a burden,once

on the pitch its up to them ,dont really matter we will get paid for

inertia,the manager gets the boot,players agents probably earn more than the manager

Over the last few seasons the result of the match between Forest & Derby has not reflected the ever changing form of both teams.

This particular match (home or away) is always a one off (two off to be precise), throwing up all sorts of drama and sometimes pantomime.

My expectation at the start of this (and most) seasons was not one of winning the league by a country mile, but then again neither was it one of sliding towards the relegation zone.....

To me It does not matter what division a team is in as long as effort is put in by all and sundry and it's entertaining for the right reasons.

One of the best matches I went to donkeys years ago was a 0 - 0 draw with Chelsea, Peter Bonetti played a blinder, I'll never forget it.

Of course, we all remember the good entertaining matches and they are aired in conversations & forums in later years. Not to many to remember over the last few years though.

Unfortunately football is now 75% business and 25% sport.

In business the manager has to manage or face the chop from his superiors. In industry SP (and some of the players) would be long gone....

I suppose a relegation fight could be more entertaining than a mid table non event?

A miracle would help, but what we really need it true grit and determination, sadly lacking at the moment...

What's the SP on SP being gone by the end of Feb?

The official website says he has been offered another role within the club and is considering it.

Director of football?

Statement from Fawas

Nottingham Forest owner and chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi has issued the following statement.

I would like to place on record my gratitude to Stuart Pearce for all his endeavours during his time as manager of Nottingham Forest.

My decision to relieve Stuart of his duties is the hardest footballing decision I have ever made.

I came to that decision after a long conversation with Stuart about the best next step for the club. Unfortunately, recent results convinced me it was best to pursue alternative managerial options. I hope our supporters understand my decision.

Stuart is someone I have always admired and that will never change. For that reason I have offered him an advisory role at the club, which I sincerely hope he accepts so we can all move forward together.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Read more at http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/statement-from-the-owner-2241505.aspx#1zDPk5FVpYvIErhY.99

Well, the dream is over. Stuart Pearce, the Forest legend couldn't do it as a Manager at Forest. Many fans were hoping that he'd be the next Brian Clough at Forest but, if you look at his managerial career, it's not very impressive. I'm sure that most people could see this coming after the loss on Saturday. At the beginning of the season Forest were said to have one of the best squads in the Championship. Lets hope the new Manager will prove this to be correct. Below is the Nottingham Post report.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Stuart-Pearce-leaves-Nottingham-Forest/story-25956807-detail/story.html

• Upvote 1